RHODUS SKULL DIVER

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Founder

RHODUS SKULL DIVER

Post by koimaster » November 16th 2020, 1:23pm

Ok, when you saw the title "Rhodus Skull Diver," what did you picture? Maybe a wrist anchor built like a steampunk submarine? A dial emblazoned with the Jolly Roger? Or perhaps a faux-military piece with something like "Death or Glory" emblazoned on the caseback? Come to think of it, I've had one of each of those in my collection, but that is not what the Rhodus is about. Instead, it is a classy, vintage-style diver with a slick, modern dial and everyday versatility. I got to sample a prototype for this review.

Rhodus is a new microbrand based in the Netherlands and the Skull Diver is their debut model. It is comfortably mid-sized with a stainless steel case measuring 40mm wide, 48mm long, 14mm thick, and sports a 41mm bezel. These dimensions will look good on a wide range of wrists, and they certainly did the trick on my 6.75" paw. Production watches will be 0.4mm thinner.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2020/11/rhodu ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: RHODUS SKULL DIVER

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 16th 2020, 5:32pm

It’s a shame that they gave it a silly name and the unbelievably crass skull logo. If not for that, it would have been sort of nice.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: RHODUS SKULL DIVER

Post by biglove » November 16th 2020, 8:19pm

Have seen worse for the money. Stock catalog case, bracelet and clasp with a smidgen of personalization. Dial color of the blue is fantastic. The skull bullshit absolutely defiles this watch.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace

Return to “Micro-Brands”