FEYNMAN COVE DIVER

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Founder

FEYNMAN COVE DIVER

Post by koimaster » March 28th 2020, 11:57am

Every once in a while, I get a watch in for review and immediately upon opening the package, say “Wow!” It happened once before, and it’s now happened once again. The Feynman Timekeepers Cove diver--the brand's second watch--is the culprit. I did a preview post last month, and while the pictures provided by the brand were quite nice, I hadn’t anticipated being so taken by the watch. This one is right up my alley. Like they went to the local bowling alley and said “Only Coke and Chicken Tenders, plus he gets a strike every time he bowls.” I fully understand that a large part of this is down to personal taste, but it checks almost all of my boxes. Read on and maybe you’ll be enthralled, too.

9C219B49-08F7-4882-AD45-3861BF8DBC50.jpeg

The case of the Cove is a thing of incorruptible beauty. The midcase features 4 different facets, alternating between polished and brushed finishes done at an exceptional quality. A keen eye will note that the bottom chamfer is slightly concave. The three base facets run the entire 46mm from lug to lug, while the top of the midcase features wedges on the lugs’ interior facet. It all combines for a dazzling light show, in any environment (except the deepest depths of the sea, where the monsters dwell).

EC45DED9-4203-42FE-830E-1835AF106F3B.jpeg

http://www.thetimebum.com/2020/03/feynm ... ime+Bum%29
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: FEYNMAN COVE DIVER

Post by bbattle » March 28th 2020, 5:34pm

Yes, the reviewer did gush a bit too much over this one.

I'd prefer one without the squiggly tail on the subseconds dial but then again, why have that dial at all? Throw a lumed second hand on there and be done with it.

Will they really be delivered with ETA movements or will they be Sellitta or some other companies' clone of the 2895?

The Panda version was my favorite of their choices on their website but upon zoomed-in inspection, the dial reminded me of a roulette wheel. It appeared to be very bowl shaped.

I'll pass.

Return to “Micro-Brands”