Nice idea, but....

Micro-Brands discussed here
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Nice idea, but....

Post by Nuvolari » August 24th 2019, 9:25am

So, there's money in redialing rejected Sturling Original and reselling them as a philanthropic endeavor with a $250 premium built in? That'll buy 'em a couple cases of Perrier. Fogger got right... While the The Flint watch is still in the R&D stage, a new source of discounted water has now presented itself:

"What time is it? Ah shit, I dunno, this thing stopped running this morning... but can I get you a few quarts of opaque imported water from the exotic premium destination location of Flint, MI?"
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 24th 2019, 1:24pm

I am all in on ecology but fuccckkkk these people and the Chinese horse they rode in on. Here's an idea, "Water": Why not simply donate a percentage to a charity, cut the check, then STFU? Or would that hurt your Kickstarter "cred"?

"Anybody that calls themselves saints ain't." - Fred Sanford
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 24th 2019, 5:02pm

This is fucking nuts. The same sort of money they're asking for these wee piles of Alibaba rubbish can buy a titanium-cased Citizen Eco-Drive. Which, like, is pretty fucking unbeatable, because it's a Citizen, and the current generation of Eco-Drives is basically worry-free, as it's good to go for three bloody decades.

The way I see it, it's just guilt-tripping the idiots of this world into paying a shitload for what has been made at the cost of 5p, or thereabouts. It might sound a wee bit heartless of me, but I guess I'm fucking done with the charities using the same "African village with its well running dry needs your help" dinero bait sort of slogan. Sorry, but that lot can fuck off. There's enough charities in my own back yard, so to speak. I care locally, like supporting a foundation that does its best to help children's hospitals, including one I've been in once (when I was, like, 7). The "save the world" stuff lost me long ago.
Oh, and when it's not just "save the world" but "buy our wartches to save the world", that lot can go fuck themselves with a motherfucking cactus.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Micro-Brands”