25 Best Boutique Watch Companies You Should Know About - according to Gear Partrol

Micro-Brands discussed here
bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

25 Best Boutique Watch Companies You Should Know About - according to Gear Partrol

Post by bbattle » August 16th 2019, 6:37pm

While nobody will agree with EVERYTHING on somebody else's list, I think this one is pretty good. I didn't see any of the sketchy suspects on the list; perhaps Gear Patrol peruses this forum.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/02/22/favor ... ch-brands/

1. Farer ~
2. Autodromo
3. anOrdain √
4. Baltic √
5. Monta
6. Unimatic
7. Orion
8. Zelos
9. Gorilla ?
10. Dan Henry
11. Halios √.
12. Oak & Iscar √
13. Brew
14. Martenero
15. Mercer
16. Raven √
17. Eone. - interesting watch you feel to tell the time(or look at). Perfect for blind watch owners that don't want to use a talking watch.
18. MKII
19. Weiss √
20. Vortic
21. Coggiola
22. Scurfa
23. Magrette
24. Nodus √
25 Pelton - dial looks like a vintage title/deed document.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: 25 Best Boutique Watch Companies You Should Know About - according to Gear Partrol

Post by TemerityB » August 16th 2019, 8:44pm

Even I agree, conj. Farer seems to be getting hot right now, the whole British thing doesn't hurt.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: 25 Best Boutique Watch Companies You Should Know About - according to Gear Partrol

Post by MAX » August 17th 2019, 4:13am

I have to admit I have never owned any of those brands. There are 6 that I have an interest in but will probably never obtain.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 17th 2019, 2:43pm

Of that list, I only have a Dan Henry:
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » August 17th 2019, 3:41pm

I don't have any on the list.

I put amark next to the ones that interest me but I'm like a kid in a candy store, I have seen a lot of watches that interest me.

I'm trying to hold off on new purchases until Christmas time, or soon thereafter. On a bicycle forum there's a guy wanting to sell his NIB Hamtun Nanok https://hamtun.co/products/nanok-day-date. I may have to get it; still on the fence. Price will tell.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 17th 2019, 5:20pm

bbattle wrote:
August 17th 2019, 3:41pm
I don't have any on the list.

I put amark next to the ones that interest me but I'm like a kid in a candy store, I have seen a lot of watches that interest me.

I'm trying to hold off on new purchases until Christmas time, or soon thereafter. On a bicycle forum there's a guy wanting to sell his NIB Hamtun Nanok https://hamtun.co/products/nanok-day-date. I may have to get it; still on the fence. Price will tell.
The Hamtun is one I am hoping will get flipped by buyers so I can pick one up.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 17th 2019, 6:59pm

As for none of them being sketchy, I'm not exactly fond of Vortic. It's a lot like all the pocket watch butchers from the former Eastern Bloc (if only there...), putting PW movements in ridiculously large wrist cases.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 17th 2019, 7:40pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 17th 2019, 6:59pm
As for none of them being sketchy, I'm not exactly fond of Vortic. It's a lot like all the pocket watch butchers from the former Eastern Bloc (if only there...), putting PW movements in ridiculously large wrist cases.
I used to dislike the very concept of microbrands, and after getting the chance to see and handle many of those brands at a bunch of watch events the past three years ... I still think 75 percent of this stuff is nebulous at best. And yeah, Vortic leaves me cold, too.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Micro-Brands”