Our Favorite Independent Brand Releases of 2018

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Founder

Our Favorite Independent Brand Releases of 2018

Post by koimaster » August 13th 2019, 3:37pm

One of the more popular blog posts of last year was my article detailing my favorite releases of 2017, I think in large part due to the growing market for small independent watch companies and inflow of new microbrand enthusiasts. Part of the reason why I wrote that article is because I am a watch enthusiast before an entrepreneur. I started this company with Cullen because of my love for watches. I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I started a watch company, it would curb the buying habits, but alas, that has proven to be totally false.

On top of that, we regularly get inquiries from customers and fans of the brand wondering if all we wear is Nodus, and if not, what other watches we wear. The easy answer would be Seiko, Omega, Doxa, and all the other brands that are considered staples of any WIS’ collection. A much harder and more thoughtful answer would be one that talks about some of the brands whose owners we’ve gotten to know personally, many of which inspired us to start Nodus and continue to inspire us everyday. As of late, I find wearing watches from these smaller independent brands more often than the larger established ones anyways. Without further ado, these are my favorite releases of 2018:

https://www.noduswatches.com/blog/our-f ... es-of-2018

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Re: Our Favorite Independent Brand Releases of 2018

Post by koimaster » August 13th 2019, 8:10pm

bbattle wrote:
August 13th 2019, 6:17pm
Did Koi really admit to owning and wearing Doxa watches?

Nope. Would never own one, tried one on that belonged to a member here in Oregon. Still not impressed.

1946-2006

bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » August 14th 2019, 10:38am

koimaster wrote:
August 13th 2019, 8:10pm
bbattle wrote:
August 13th 2019, 6:17pm
Did Koi really admit to owning and wearing Doxa watches?

Nope. Would never own one, tried one on that belonged to a member here in Oregon. Still not impressed.
I see that your first post was a paste of the intro from the Nodus site. Sorry about that.

I was thinking that maybe Doxa had been a good company that then went bad. Like Van Halen after they fired David Lee Roth.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 14th 2019, 3:44pm

I see that your first post was a paste of the intro from the Nodus site. Sorry about that.

I was thinking that maybe Doxa had been a good company that then went bad. Like Van Halen after they fired David Lee Roth.
Doxa was at one time a player in the watch market including the original divers from the 60's and mid 70's but the company died during the quartz age which effected a lot of companies. Like the original Invicta watch company which also died during the quartz age, the name Doxa was purchased in the late 80's or early 90's but the diver watches did not make their return until 2003 at WUS as a forum watch. The dick who ran the company (doxa USA), just like a certain rodent, made up his own history, stealing from the past of the original Doxa and claiming it was his history. Rodents do that, so do those related to granny lalo. The majority of the Doxa watch lines are sold in Eastern Europe.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

(a more modern ad)

1946-2006

Return to “Micro-Brands”