Undone x Peanuts: Snoopy ACES

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Undone x Peanuts: Snoopy ACES

Post by koimaster » August 1st 2019, 9:35am

When I announced the Undone x Peanuts Lunar Landing collaboration last week, I promised a hands-on review soon. Just days later, the postman arrived with a Snoopy ACES and the watch has absolutely delighted everyone who has set eyes on it.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the Lunar Landing watches commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon mission, but also the rediscovery of the Apollo 10 lunar module “Snoopy,” believed lost when it was jettisoned after testing in May 1969.

Like all Undone watches, the Lunar Landing watches can be customized with multiple dial, case, bezel, handset, and strap options including your choice of 21 different character illustrations (in full color, outline, or gray). This one arrived with a back-on-Black “Modern” dial, PVD black case, black and vintage engraved tachymetre bezel, and an orange Cordura strap. In the illustration, a full-color, space-suited Snoopy celebrates with Woodstock.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2019/07/undon ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Undone x Peanuts: Snoopy ACES

Post by bbattle » August 3rd 2019, 6:36pm

I just ordered one of the Apollo 11 watches. Snoopy holding the flag on a black dial with red hands, tachymetre bezel, black strap and an orange strap in cordura. The orange one was included; I'll have to see it first before I can comment on it. I wanted one of the limited edition models but of course by the time I learned of them, they had sold out.

The amount of customization one can do is amazing.

I work at a NASA Space Flight Center but they don't pay me enough to spring for the Spacemaster; Undone watches look to be a good buy. They pay homage to Apollo 11 and the lunar module Snoopy, keep good time, look as good as you customized it to look, and didn't cost too much. I spent more on my wine purchase earlier today(but I did get a case, not just one bottle).
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 3rd 2019, 7:22pm

conjurer wrote:Hasn't Omega done this to death??

Quite so. Over and over again.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » August 4th 2019, 9:09am

bbattle wrote:I just ordered one of the Apollo 11 watches. Snoopy holding the flag on a black dial with red hands, tachymetre bezel, black strap and an orange strap in cordura. The orange one was included; I'll have to see it first before I can comment on it. I wanted one of the limited edition models but of course by the time I learned of them, they had sold out.

I work at a NASA Space Flight Center but they don't pay me enough to spring for the Spacemaster; Undone watches look to be a good buy. They pay homage to Apollo 11 and the lunar module Snoopy, keep good time, look as good as you customized it to look, and didn't cost too much. I spent more on my wine purchase earlier today(but I did get a case, not just one bottle).

Dammit sir, we don't have nearly enough wine snobs connoisseurs here. What was that latest purchase?
"When the music's over, turn out the lights."
bbattle

Post by bbattle » August 4th 2019, 12:15pm

Falstaff wrote:
bbattle wrote:I just ordered one of the Apollo 11 watches. Snoopy holding the flag on a black dial with red hands, tachymetre bezel, black strap and an orange strap in cordura. The orange one was included; I'll have to see it first before I can comment on it. I wanted one of the limited edition models but of course by the time I learned of them, they had sold out.

Dammit sir, we don't have nearly enough wine snobs connoisseurs here. What was that latest purchase?

Let's see: 3 bottles of 2015 Pas De Rauzan apellation Bordeaux Superior Contrôlée, couple of 2016 Petalos from Bierzos, Spain, 2016 Thibault Liger-Belair [Hautes-Côtes De Nuits Controlée[/i], 2016 Paul Dolan Vineyards Zinfandel from Mendocino County, 2005 Chateau Peyrabon Haut-Médoc, a few bottles of Tamí Nero D'Avola, a Sicilian red, 2015 Chiroubles Domaine de la Chapelle des Bois Chiroubles contrôlee, 2018 Cuvée Bastien Domaine de Châteaumar (100% grenache), and 2018 Graville-Lacoste [i]Graves Contrôlee[i/].

I buy wine to drink, not to collect dust and turn to vinegar as an investment.

My wine shop treats me right; we tasted so many wines I had to start spitting it out or go find somewheres to take a nap.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » August 4th 2019, 2:32pm

bbattle wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

Let's see: 3 bottles of 2015 Pas De Rauzan apellation Bordeaux Superior Contrôlée, couple of 2016 Petalos from Bierzos, Spain, 2016 Thibault Liger-Belair [Hautes-Côtes De Nuits Controlée[/i], 2016 Paul Dolan Vineyards Zinfandel from Mendocino County, 2005 Chateau Peyrabon Haut-Médoc, a few bottles of Tamí Nero D'Avola, a Sicilian red, 2015 Chiroubles Domaine de la Chapelle des Bois Chiroubles contrôlee, 2018 Cuvée Bastien Domaine de Châteaumar (100% grenache), and 2018 Graville-Lacoste [i]Graves Contrôlee[i/].

I buy wine to drink, not to collect dust and turn to vinegar as an investment.

My wine shop treats me right; we tasted so many wines I had to start spitting it out or go find somewheres to take a nap.

Quite a mixed bag there - reflecting a wide range of tastes. A man after my own heart, sir. We'll have to get together in the Pub sub-forum for some wine chat soon. I buy more than I drink, but I don't think of any of it as an investment other than as an investment in eventual pleasure.
"When the music's over, turn out the lights."
bbattle

Post by bbattle » August 14th 2019, 3:39pm

My Snoopy watch came in the mail today. I posted this in the general watch area but I think these pictures are a bit better.

The box is nice and holds the extra orange strap that comes standard with the watch. The black strap was a free option. The straps have a quick release pin so swapping them is easy.

I'm having a glass of Gravelly Ford
Red Blend
. I get it on sale for $7 a bottle at the grocery store. Very smooth yet some minerality in there. Like my new Undone watch, not bad for the price.

Return to “Micro-Brands”