Baltic Aquascaphe Review

Micro-Brands discussed here
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Baltic Aquascaphe Review

Post by Racer-X » December 4th 2018, 10:39pm

"Not long ago, boutique watch brands competing in the affordable price spectrum could easily follow a basic formula for success. Put together some kind of Submariner homage without calling it an homage, stuff it with a cheap movement, and profit. Without much in the way of the watch media outlets we indulge in today, consumers would typically take a risk in the hopes of scoring a cool watch at an affordable price. But everyone got smarter, more informed, and more discriminating when voting with their wallets. As a result, the brands that stand out today really stand out and Baltic made a significant mark with the debut of their Bicompax 001 in 2017. Today, we’re looking at their latest release, the Baltic Aquascaphe, which is already projected to drive the brand into new territory."

http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/baltic-aquascaphe-watch-review/

koimaster
Founder

Re: Baltic Aquascaphe Review

Post by koimaster » August 15th 2019, 10:03am

bbattle wrote:
August 15th 2019, 9:57am
I went to their website and they seem to be sold out; at least everything I looked at was sold.
I just sent them a message about that watch and availability.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 16th 2019, 8:11am

bbattle wrote:
August 15th 2019, 9:57am
I went to their website and they seem to be sold out; at least everything I looked at was sold.

BALTIC Watches (BALTIC)

Aug 16, 15:23 CEST
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our brand !

The Aquascaphe will be back normally before the end of the year in its 3 versions. Don't hesitate to subscribe to the mailing list on the Aquascaphe to receive the official newsletter as soon as it will be announced.

Do not hesitate if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely,
The BALTIC Team

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » November 22nd 2019, 1:19pm

Hands-on review

"After successfully funding its first collection via Kickstarter, Baltic Watches has managed to stand the test of time and to survive this inaugural series of watches. Even better, the small concept became a brand and has started to expand its collection – and there are many more watches to come (but we can’t tell you yet…) Today, we look at what Etienne Malec has created as his second model, a great-looking, still accessible, no-nonsense tool dive watch with vintage inspiration; the Baltic Aquascaphe Diver."

https://monochrome-watches.com/baltic-a ... ion-price/

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 22nd 2019, 2:21pm

I like the way it looks.

However, in that price territory, Baltic can go fuck themselves. When the Dan Henry 1970 was available (well, some of the 44mm still are), it was a far better deal than this could ever possibly be.

100 euro for a bracelet... Hmmm...hmmm...hmmmm...?
https://danhenrywatches.com/products/19 ... hronograph

There, for $260, you get a strap and a beads of rice bracelet alright. Again, Baltic can go fuck themselves.

As for dive watches... When we're looking at the same range, the colonial majority here will likely be able to get - via some Massdrop or other discount-happy shop - a deal on the Certina DS Action Diver in titanium with the ETA Powermatic 80. Oh, and it features a microadjustment on the bracelet, much in the style of the current Omega divers, or Rolex's Glidelock. The lume on these doesn't suck cock, and the watch is compliant with the ISO norm for dive watches.
https://www.fratellowatches.com/hands-o ... -titanium/

So, Baltic loses out in the dive watch and dive-style watch territories alike. Well, again, Baltic can go fuck themselves.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 22nd 2019, 11:09pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
November 22nd 2019, 2:21pm
I like the way it looks.

However, in that price territory, Baltic can go fuck themselves. When the Dan Henry 1970 was available (well, some of the 44mm still are), it was a far better deal than this could ever possibly be.

There, for $260, you get a strap and a beads of rice bracelet alright. Again, Baltic can go fuck themselves.

As for dive watches... When we're looking at the same range, the colonial majority here will likely be able to get - via some Massdrop or other discount-happy shop - a deal on the Certina DS Action Diver in titanium with the ETA Powermatic 80. Oh, and it features a microadjustment on the bracelet, much in the style of the current Omega divers, or Rolex's Glidelock. The lume on these doesn't suck cock, and the watch is compliant with the ISO norm for dive watches.

So, Baltic loses out in the dive watch and dive-style watch territories alike. Well, again, Baltic can go fuck themselves.
So, if I'm reading your post correctly, Mr. Bloke, you are saying that Baltic can go fuck themselves??
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 23rd 2019, 11:21am

conjurer wrote:
November 22nd 2019, 11:09pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
November 22nd 2019, 2:21pm
I like the way it looks.

So, if I'm reading your post correctly, Mr. Bloke, you are saying that Baltic can go fuck themselves??
Aye, that’d be exactly what I am saying there. Baltic can go fuck themselves.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Micro-Brands”