Reservoir Tiefenmesser Bronze

Micro-Brands discussed here
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Reservoir Tiefenmesser Bronze

Post by Racer-X » September 10th 2018, 4:59pm

"I can still remember watching the BBC Proms as a child, hearing ‘Fanfare for the Common Man’ for the very first time. It is an amazing piece of music written by the American composer, Aaron Copland. The music was intended to promote patriotism and national unity. At times we appreciate being part of something bigger, it provides a sense of belonging.

However, there are other occasions when we want to celebrate our individuality. We don’t wish to always follow the path of others. Indeed, there are times when we want to embrace free thought and express our own personality. It is probably my penchant for the unusual which explains my appreciation for the Reservoir Tiefenmesser Bronze.

The Reservoir Tiefenmesser Bronze is a distinctive watch with its jumping hours and retrograde minutes. It was inspired by the instrumentation found in submarines of yesteryear. Previously, Reservoir has looked to car or aeronautical instrumentation for design ideas."

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/articles/reservoir-tiefenmesser-bronze.html/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Reservoir Tiefenmesser Bronze

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 11th 2019, 4:58pm

Looks like a pressure gauge from a boiler. Mehhhh.
bbattle wrote:
August 11th 2019, 4:46pm
Interesting watch. Is that type of movement common?
Mean the retrograde module, or the 2824/SW-200? The former is not so common, and the latter is always the usual suspect when the manufacturer provides "25 jewels, 38h power reserve" in the specs, and goes for the load of bollocks that an internal calibre number is, instead of just saying that they've used the 2824/SW-200.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Micro-Brands”