Millésime Merveilleux

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Founder

Millésime Merveilleux

Post by koimaster » September 5th 2018, 9:41am

40685226_10211271972178681_6499157199640592384_n.jpg

Presenting my Millésime Merveilleux in Chocolate... Powered by the Swiss Made ETA 2824 in Gold... I've always loved Swiss chocolate! :p

Retail 648 USD, Pre-order 498 USD (available during our brief launch period later this month)

Join our VIP List to be kept up to date on our very imminent launch... https://millesimewatch.com/

The Millésime Merveilleux shown here features a Swiss ETA-2824 movement in a variety of colors. Looks like a dress watch and I wonder if it might be suitably sized for ladies as well. (Benjamin, would love to know the dimensions?)

If you've any interest, worth getting on the mailing list as the pre-order window will be short and under $500 USD, which is decent for a Swiss movement. Retail is $648 USD. I don't have any more information than that but am sure Benjamin can answer any questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Maison Celedon launches new brand

Post by conjurer » September 5th 2018, 9:48am

Dang. Normally, I'd go into a Cabriole-driven rant at this point, but I know some members have watches (that look really fine) from this guy, and so will hold back. I certainly ain't seeing much here that I like with these watches, though.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Maison Celedon launches new brand

Post by AlbertaTime » September 5th 2018, 9:26pm

conjurer wrote:Dang. Normally, I'd go into a Cabriole-driven rant at this point, but I know some members have watches (that look really fine) from this guy, and so will hold back. I certainly ain't seeing much here that I like with these watches, though.

Ben pays attention to details and his watches all stand the quality test. I like these, especially the green and the red.

But it's decidedly not a western tool-watch look. It's an accessory look, and I think they'd be stunning with a suit in the evening.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
The Microbrand Store

Re: Millésime Merveilleux

Post by The Microbrand Store » September 9th 2018, 2:58pm

koimaster wrote:Benjamin, would love to know the dimensions?

He was kind enough to post the details to the KS Watches group:
"The dimensions are 39mm x 11.8mm thin, 100M water resistant"
http://the.microbrand.store
A carefully curated list of microbrand watches,
with discount pricing and free shipping.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 3rd 2018, 4:03pm

benchee wrote:I'm proud to announce that Millésime has officially launched! The first 30 pre-orders receive a special gift worth 298 USD. Keen to hear what you guys and gals think of my designs...

https://millesimewatch.com

Saw that yesterday. The green dial looks nice, very Oregon Duck like.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43558

1946-2006

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 23rd 2018, 3:20pm

The Merveilleux maintains classic dress watch proportions, measuring just 39mm wide, 47mm long, and 11.8mm thick on an 18mm strap. The round case has convex sides, a double domed and anti-reflective coated sapphire crystal, teardrop lugs, and - huzzah! - a flat signed crown. Unlike most dress watches, water resistance is a hardy 100m, so you can actually swim with it although I doubt you would. The watch's overall shape is soft, sensual, and steeped in 1950's style. All versions are mirror polished, the review samples are finished in rose gold PVD. "Millésime Merveilleux" is engraved on the left side of the case and while I usually find such case branding unnecessary, I think it works here, operating more like a finishing signature than a vulgar stamp.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2018/10/mille ... C6TO2dR6qE

1946-2006

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 18th 2019, 12:00pm

biglove wrote:
August 18th 2019, 6:41am
While I love salmon dials, the watches look DW cheap, at least in the photos.
Sounds a bit unfair, BL. DW is really in a class of their own, when it comes to badly made stuff - I mean, they're something that feels like a gratis to be found in a bag of crisps.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 18th 2019, 12:20pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 18th 2019, 12:00pm
biglove wrote:
Sounds a bit unfair, BL. DW is really in a class of their own, when it comes to badly made stuff - I mean, they're something that feels like a gratis to be found in a bag of crisps.

Maybe the photos on my cell are not high res? The cases and dials look godawful from here.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 18th 2019, 1:17pm

biglove wrote:
August 18th 2019, 12:20pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
biglove wrote:

Maybe the photos on my cell are not high res? The cases and dials look godawful from here.
The pic indeed stinks on ice, however, a better pic would make the watches look even worse. I'd stay with the mood lit, soft focus look if I was them.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 18th 2019, 1:19pm

biglove wrote:
August 18th 2019, 12:20pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
biglove wrote:

It's not that these are particularly good. It's that DW is guaranteed to be far worse.

It doesn't look like there's a lot of decent pictures of the Millesime watches (Merveilleux, or any other model), not even a lot of revoos on the Internets.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 19th 2019, 9:39am

3Flushes wrote:
August 19th 2019, 8:52am
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 18th 2019, 1:19pm

It doesn't look like there's a lot of decent pictures of the Millesime...
I don't think that's an accident.
The good question is why is that so. One of my guesses would be the blogs being unwilling to review watches by Chinese manufacturers. The only ones to have received any coverage are the 1963 chrono by Sea-Gull and some Maison Celadon pieces. Barely anything more than that - not even the DongFeng reissue. Well, Watches by SJX every now and then does cover some one-off creations by small-time Chinese craftsmen, Worn & Wound reviews one or two Chinese pieces once every few years.

As I've said - I'm not saying it's a well-made watch. I'm saying it can't be DW-bad, as hardly anything is DW-bad, save perhaps the worst rubbish from Aliexpress, and obviously DW itself. A DW genuinely feels like it's about to have parts fall off, and I wouldn't be surprised if this would happen.
What I'm saying is that with nothing to go on, I can't even give the MM the usual round of walloping.
If decent shots do appear on the internets, and if they'll leave little doubt as to it being rubbish, it will be my genuine pleasure to let slip the dogs of war.

Return to “Micro-Brands”