Nodus Retrospect

Micro-Brands discussed here
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Nodus Retrospect

Post by Racer-X » August 11th 2018, 8:04pm

"Nodus Watches set a high bar when they released the Trieste last year. That watch delivered a clean, meticulously balanced design and top-notch execution at an almost unbeatable price. Given my admiration for that model, I was anxious to get my hands on their next offering. The folks at Nodus provided a pair of press loaners in Industrial Brown and Frost White for evaluation, (they also have a Slate Gray variant). You might expect something called "Retrospect" to be a line-for-line homage, but Nodus did not take that approach. Instead, they adopted some cherished retro design cues and updated them, creating a thoroughly contemporary watch."

http://www.thetimebum.com/2018/08/nodus-retrospect.html
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Nodus Retrospect

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 12th 2018, 7:57am

Perhaps useless as a dive watch, but for daily wear and desk diving, why not? Looks rather good, I'd say.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 12th 2018, 7:14pm

3Flushes wrote:Nice look to it at the right price with the Seiko stalwart movement in there.

Hell, I'd buy one. If I was looking for a watch which I'm not. But I would if I was.

The fuck!? You huffing paint again, you dizzy fuck??
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 12th 2019, 3:02pm

A friend of mine recently bought the Retrospect, and likes it. It's not a bad-looking watch. But I guess it doesn't do for me what the DH 1970 does twice as well already. Save perhaps the lume - heard Nodus did a good job with that, while the DH 1970's lume certifiably blows.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Micro-Brands”