Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Micro-Brands discussed here
Post Reply
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9495
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by jason_recliner » September 2nd 2022, 2:48am

Wow! That looks really sharp. Great that there's a quartz option. $290 with beautiful box sapphire and sapphire bezel is outstanding. I'm really tempted - been wanting an orange watch again. Can't stand the cyclops but the quartz is ND so problem solved!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 10661
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by 3Flushes » September 2nd 2022, 3:03am

jason_recliner wrote:
September 2nd 2022, 2:48am
Wow! That looks really sharp. Great that there's a quartz option. $290 with beautiful box sapphire and sapphire bezel is outstanding. I'm really tempted - been wanting an orange watch again. Can't stand the cyclops but the quartz is ND so problem solved!
The automatics are available in an ND model also, too. 9015, even.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9495
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by jason_recliner » September 2nd 2022, 6:01am

3Flushes wrote:
September 2nd 2022, 3:03am
jason_recliner wrote:
September 2nd 2022, 2:48am
Wow! That looks really sharp. Great that there's a quartz option. $290 with beautiful box sapphire and sapphire bezel is outstanding. I'm really tempted - been wanting an orange watch again. Can't stand the cyclops but the quartz is ND so problem solved!
The automatics are available in an ND model also, too. 9015, even.
Oh yeah! 9015 is sweet. But I think I prefer the convenience of the quartz. And the cheapness, of course!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5463
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by svaglic » September 2nd 2022, 11:27am

I wouldn’t mind one, but the 37mm ones don’t seem to be available. I’ll wait and see if the 37mm comes out or not then look for it used at a better price.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
Image
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 6954
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by Racer-X » September 2nd 2022, 2:25pm

svaglic wrote:
September 2nd 2022, 11:27am
I wouldn’t mind one, but the 37mm ones don’t seem to be available. I’ll wait and see if the 37mm comes out or not then look for it used at a better price.
37mm appears to be available in Quartz only.

And you can add a bracelet for $80 when adding to cart. May be my favorite DH so far.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 6954
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by Racer-X » September 3rd 2022, 1:09am

jason_recliner wrote:
September 2nd 2022, 4:47pm
Has anyone tried a FKM/fluoro-elastomer/Viton strap? Can't be too fussy for under $300 but it would be nice to know it's not smelly unwearable garbage.
I've got a few FKM including this Helm and they're just as they say. Soft, pliable, no smell, not sticky and not a lint magnet.

https://helmwatches.com/rs1.html

ISO style https://helmwatches.com/rs2.html
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9495
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by jason_recliner » September 12th 2022, 5:41pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
September 12th 2022, 3:10pm
Tobey I just ate a tuna fish sammich and am waiting with bait on my breath for your impressions.
i havnet receeved My new Don Henrey Wartches yet but I,allreddy noes its' the Best Divers' Divin Wartches. Evar. Dim ema-led me a lettar yestterday hes' so nice the 1957 Don Divar Dives Wartche is bettr than the, Submaster my manager haves
,
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9495
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by jason_recliner » September 26th 2022, 7:41pm

The 1975 was delivered while I was away. Wearing it now, will do a bit of a review once I've had it for a while. First impressions are positive. Only gripe so far is it had a blue sticker on the crown. I tried to peel it off and little bits are stuck in the engraved 'DH' 🥺

And the caseback is porn.

And the seconds hand is bugging me. What's wrong with a seconds hand ticking, you know, every second???
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34025
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by conjurer » September 26th 2022, 11:26pm

jason_recliner wrote:
September 26th 2022, 7:41pm
The 1975 was delivered while I was away. Wearing it now, will do a bit of a review once I've had it for a while. First impressions are positive. Only gripe so far is it had a blue sticker on the crown. I tried to peel it off and little bits are stuck in the engraved 'DH' 🥺

And the caseback is porn.

And the seconds hand is bugging me. What's wrong with a seconds hand ticking, you know, every second???
You can pretend it's a deadbeat. Like my brother-in-law.
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9495
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Dan Henry 1975 Skin Diver

Post by jason_recliner » September 26th 2022, 11:55pm

conjurer wrote:
September 26th 2022, 11:26pm
jason_recliner wrote:
September 26th 2022, 7:41pm
The 1975 was delivered while I was away. Wearing it now, will do a bit of a review once I've had it for a while. First impressions are positive. Only gripe so far is it had a blue sticker on the crown. I tried to peel it off and little bits are stuck in the engraved 'DH' 🥺

And the caseback is porn.

And the seconds hand is bugging me. What's wrong with a seconds hand ticking, you know, every second???
You can pretend it's a deadbeat. Like my brother-in-law.
But that's the problem. It ticks twice every second. Not enough to be smooth but fast enough it looks like it's stuttering. I don't mind a seconds hand ticking once every second, to indicate the passing of one second. This is just stupid.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Post Reply

Return to “Micro-Brands”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests