Steinhart Pricing Structure

Micro-Brands discussed here
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Steinhart Pricing Structure

Post by jason_recliner » November 3rd 2021, 10:44pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - not sure if Steinhart qualifies as a 'micro' these days.

For those who are familiar with Steinhart...

How does Steinhart differentiate their model lines? Are there material differences between model lines? For example, there's a Ti Premium GMTY Ceramic and 39mm Premium GMT Ceramic (in S/S) for 690 Euros. Other companies charge a premium for Ti - does the S/S range have other improvements that justify the same pricing?

The Ocean One vintage Dual Time premium, while lovely, costs substantially more than other similar Steinharts. Is that due to the domed crystal and (presumably) lower production volumes?

Thanks in advance.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Steinhart Pricing Structure

Post by 3Flushes » November 4th 2021, 1:36am

jason_recliner wrote:
November 4th 2021, 12:44am
Lost me at "Steinhart simps". Yeah. Nah.
Not big on homage brands but I was interested in Steinhart for a bit given Thunder and Biglove's enthusiasm for the brand. . But there is such a broad range of models with such nuanced variations, by the time I found one with the movement, handset, crown, lugs and crystal and bezel and dial in the color with the markings I liked, it was sold out. Apparently, their homage to Rolex's scale of under supply for demand. Lost interest after being skunked a few times.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » November 4th 2021, 3:56am

Steinharts are quite nice watches and the 39mm fits my wrist perfectly. I find the 42s to be just too large mainly because the reverse side is just too flat and causes lug overhang. Same problem with my Maranez Kata. Only fault I can find with the watches.
Mine had the 2824-2 so I cant comment on the new movement but they seem fine in other watch brands.

Cant really answer OPs original question though.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » November 4th 2021, 5:30am

jason_recliner wrote:
November 3rd 2021, 10:44pm
Apologies if this is in the wrong section - not sure if Steinhart qualifies as a 'micro' these days.

For those who are familiar with Steinhart...

How does Steinhart differentiate their model lines? Are there material differences between model lines? For example, there's a Ti Premium GMTY Ceramic and 39mm Premium GMT Ceramic (in S/S) for 690 Euros. Other companies charge a premium for Ti - does the S/S range have other improvements that justify the same pricing?

The Ocean One vintage Dual Time premium, while lovely, costs substantially more than other similar Steinharts. Is that due to the domed crystal and (presumably) lower production volumes?
Thanks in advance.
In general, Steinharts have largely consisted of divers(Rolex homages), fliegers, & some aviation inspired offerings..the 2 titanium offerings are generally the same as some of their SS brethren, w/ the exception of the titanium..Steinhart does charge a bit more for these..The Ocean One Vintage Dual Time Premium does cost a bit more than it's contemporaries..I don't have an explanation for that as it no longer sports a Soprod movement..

On another note, both the Olko Watches & Gnomon sites feature offerings that aren't available on the main Steinhart site..very much worth checking out, imo..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » November 10th 2021, 4:55pm

The analysis of Steinhart in Koi's post is spot-on.
I am/was a fan and have owned about a half dozen over the years. Superior to Invictoids and maybe some Seiko, but not top tier and can't compete with Longines in fit and finish.
Wouldn't steer anyone away from the brand, but let's face it you're not even getting Tudor quality for your cash. As the reviewer aptly said, you get what you pay for. A solid but unexceptional knock off.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » November 10th 2021, 6:07pm

boscoe wrote:
November 10th 2021, 4:55pm
I am/was a fan and have owned about a half dozen over the years. Superior to Invictoids and maybe some Seiko, but not top tier and can't compete with Longines in fit and finish.
Wouldn't steer anyone away from the brand, but let's face it you're not even getting Tudor quality for your cash. As the reviewer aptly said, you get what you pay for. A solid but unexceptional knock off.
Yes lots of good information in this thread, thanks. They don't look like a Longines in the pics I've seen and that's fair enough, they are a lot more affordable. The rather basic aesthetic of the Ti GMT appeals for some reason, and I don't find it to be a blatant Rolex clone as much as some other watches.

I do hope it's better than an Invictoid!!!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » November 10th 2021, 7:18pm

jason_recliner wrote:
November 10th 2021, 6:07pm
boscoe wrote:
November 10th 2021, 4:55pm
Yes lots of good information in this thread, thanks. They don't look like a Longines in the pics I've seen and that's fair enough, they are a lot more affordable. The rather basic aesthetic of the Ti GMT appeals for some reason, and I don't find it to be a blatant Rolex clone as much as some other watches.

I do hope it's better than an Invictoid!!!
^^They are..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Micro-Brands”