Dan Henry 1970 40mm, Now in 4 New Colors

Micro-Brands discussed here
Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Dan Henry 1970 40mm, Now in 4 New Colors

Post by Racer-X » December 2nd 2019, 10:51am

"One of the best value propositions for dive watches is the Dan Henry 1970 Automatic Diver, hands down. We covered the 44mm original a couple of years ago and the brand quickly followed up with a more mainstream 40mm version. At only USD 250, this was their first model to quickly sell out. A new 40mm edition is back with some improved specs and new colors, and again an affordable price of USD 290. Founded by ardent watch collector Dan Henry, the company bearing his name focuses on quality, period styling and affordability, and the new 1970 Automatic Divers exemplify that."

https://monochrome-watches.com/dan-henr ... oposition/

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Dan Henry 1970 40mm, Now in 4 New Colors

Post by TemerityB » December 2nd 2019, 4:48pm

I saw these at the Worn & Wound show at the end of October, but they wouldn't let me photograph them because they weren't ready for release.

I own the 1st gen 44mm; really a rock solid watch, particularly for the price point. Looks like they've settled on 40mm from this point forward I guess. Shockingly, I like this better without the date, too.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Dan Henry 1970 40mm, Now in 4 New Colors

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 2nd 2019, 6:21pm

I must say that DH had me slightly annoyed lately.

My friend tried to arrange for a review of the new 1970.* Most brands, micro or not, make one or two press/review samples, which are then passed around reviewers. Well, most. Not DH. If you want to review a DH, you have to...buy it. Can't know for sure, but if you decide to return it, it will presumably be sold on.

That's not particularly nice. It's not even that my extraordinarily brilliant and inspired review of the 1970 ranks 5th in Google search results (not counting Monochrome's featured snippet appearing ahead of actual results). We never gave a fuck about Kickstarter panhandlers who wanted us to review their junk with a raw Miyota 821 sticking out like a flasher's cock from under a crappy display back. But the microbrands comparable to DH in scale have been waaaay more caring about public relations. Seems like everyone, from Prickstarter grifters to high-end brands, care more.

I like my original 40mm 1970, and I really like the way the new ones look. However, I find DH's PR skills wanting.

*Note: not by any initiative of mine. Should I be asked to review something, I will or won't, and if I will, I will do so on my own terms; praise where it's due, walloping where it's well-deserved and much needed.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “Micro-Brands”