Something interesting - Kustom

Micro-Brands discussed here
Pit46
Facebook ID: 0

Something interesting - Kustom

Post by Pit46 » September 8th 2019, 4:32am

Hello guys, I'm Peter.
I couldn't find the thread where new users introduce themselves, so I'm gonna do it here with a twist.

I'm a new watch enthusiast that mainly got into this world thanks to Unimatic (an Italian microbrand that I'm sure you've heard about it), so now I'm really obsessed trying to find what's new in the market. And I think I found something: www.shitaloa.com

Seems to be still a work in progress, but what caught my attention was the video on that website. The watch is literally exploding in different components so I have no idea what's going on here. Any guess? Apparently they just launched this campaign as also their social media pages are brand new. Have you heard about it?
Pit46

Re: Something interesting - Kustom

Post by Pit46 » September 8th 2019, 8:05am

codguy wrote:
September 8th 2019, 5:16am

Board index, second general forum down. Here, let me help you.....
viewforum.php?f=5

And if you get stuck, you can use this template
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20126

Don't come back until that is done.
Thank you for the tip ;)

Let's be clear: I'm not doing any advertising here. Next time maybe I'll post the screenshot instead of sharing the link.
I just wanted to bring something new that I've recently discovered and thought it was interesting. If not I apologize.

Cheers
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » September 8th 2019, 8:13am

Welcome to the forum and all that.

But damn, Skippy, combine an email harvester and a check box acknowledging that you've agreed to a privacy policy you can't read until after you've agreed and you've got the mother of all nasty watch web sites. And for all anyone knows it may not even be a watch web site.

To the extent Kustomwatches has erected a moat around their content and stocked the moat with digital piranha it's likely to find success in dissuading folks from checking it out. Even if they were selling dollar bills for a dime that home page is a case study in how not to market. Anybody dumb enough to erect such a home page is going to be presumed to not have anything worth buying.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
bbattle (Online)

Post by bbattle » September 8th 2019, 1:56pm

Pit46 wrote:
September 8th 2019, 8:05am
codguy wrote:
September 8th 2019, 5:16am

Board index, second general forum down. Here, let me help you.....
viewforum.php?f=5

And if you get stuck, you can use this template
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20126

Don't come back until that is done.
Thank you for the tip ;)

Let's be clear: I'm not doing any advertising here. Next time maybe I'll post the screenshot instead of sharing the link.
I just wanted to bring something new that I've recently discovered and thought it was interesting. If not I apologize.

Cheers

Peter,

What is new and exciting about the Kustom watch? Can you post pictures of the watch? Maybe some specifications? We all like to read the story behind the watch, too.

Hopefully, the interesting part was not the fact you had to enter an e-mail address in order to visit the website. That is not interesting at all.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 8th 2019, 7:50pm

bbattle wrote:
September 8th 2019, 2:07pm
Facebook has a Kustom watches page:

https://www.facebook.com/shitaloa.watches.suck

Looks like it got going two whole days ago.
Two days. Wow. Yeah, I couldn't find squat.
"Never insult anyone by accident."-Robert A. Heinlein

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Pit46

Post by Pit46 » September 9th 2019, 2:27am

Hi guys, from what I can understand seems they're doing a sort of pre-launch campaign. I tried to subscribe to their website and that's what I received (you actually can read the privacy policy, so everything seems legit):

Just a newsletter with a bit more info.
So basically in October 2019 there should be the official launch.

Answering @bbattle: I thought was exciting because it seems you can assemble your watch according to your taste (they say on one of their Instagram posts "0 tools required"). And nope, I don't have any Kustom watch as it still needs to be out on the market.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » September 9th 2019, 4:54am

biglove wrote:
September 8th 2019, 7:50pm
bbattle wrote:
September 8th 2019, 2:07pm
Facebook has a Kustom watches page:

https://www.facebook.com/kustomwatches/

Looks like it got going two whole days ago.
Two days. Wow. Yeah, I couldn't find squat.

This sounds like swapping out the bezel and the straps.....not sure how the dial swap would work.
It's been done before...I remember Invicter had something similar a few years back.

ABOUT US
KUSTOM WATCHES·MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019·
THE IDEA OF AN INTERCHANGEABLE WATCH
We have spent the last two years designing a brand new experience that redefines the idea of the wristwatch. Our aim is to offer a brand new timepiece that can adjust to your taste thanks to a simple gesture. We have worked to fine-tune the first Kustom, creating a customized formula that gives you the possibility of choosing among dozens of pieces.

100% CUSTOMIZABLE AT ANY TIME
We wanted to create a watch that could be customized by anyone at any time, this is why we created KUSTOM: the most customizable watch ever made with a beautiful Italian design and premium components, for a dynamic lifestyle. We wanted to give you the chance of changing every single component of the watch everyday. Smart, isn’t it?

QUICK-REPLACE COMPONENTS
Create your own Kustom watch from the dial to the strap, everything is interchangeable according to your taste. Refresh your style in seconds whenever you feel like it. It’s simple and fast. We have designed each piece from scratch and every part snaps into position perfectly. No tools are required. You don’t have to choose between being classy, casual or stylish. No matter what you wear or how you feel, you can have a different watch in any occasion.
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 9th 2019, 8:35am

Pit46 wrote:
September 8th 2019, 4:32am
Hello guys, I'm Peter.
I couldn't find the thread where new users introduce themselves, so I'm gonna do it here with a twist.

I'm a new watch enthusiast that mainly got into this world thanks to Unimatic (an Italian microbrand that I'm sure you've heard about it), so now I'm really obsessed trying to find what's new in the market. And I think I found something: https://kustomwatches.com/

Seems to be still a work in progress, but what caught my attention was the video on that website. The watch is literally exploding in different components so I have no idea what's going on here. Any guess? Apparently they just launched this campaign as also their social media pages are brand new. Have you heard about it?
To mark the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, Unimatic is celebrating this milestone in human history with an iconic special edition. The Unimatic Modello Uno “Space Program”, an edition of 50 pieces, is our homage to the pioneers of space exploration and to the will to discover the unknown.

https://www.unimaticwatches.com/u1-sp/
https://www.unimaticwatches.com/current-editions/
commie watch company.JPG
https://www.unimaticwatches.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So why would a commie watch company make a NASA related watch? Phishing? Trolling or ...............2020?
WTF.JPG

Kustom watches is just as interesting. Why the need for such privacy? Is it Invicta watch group with another bullshit story about earthquakes or is this related to phishing, trolling or?
kustom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Micro-Brands”