Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic....

Ebay Auctions and any sales off-site go here. See something for sale that might interest members, it goes here too.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic....

Post by Thunder1 » July 31st 2019, 6:32am

I have mixed feelings on this new offering from Steinhart...on the one hand(wrist?), the case size is a very agreeable 39mm, L to L is 47mm, and the height is only 13mm(not bad considering it is a GMT)...nice to see the crown guards are missing and that the lugs are both drilled and have chamfered edges...and it features an ETA 2893-A2 Elaboré Premium movement.

While a big fan of ceramic bezels, and I appreciate the effort Steinhart has put forth to bring this one to market, it just seems that the beige(or tan) colored numerals on the ceramic bezel make the day of the month indicator stand out too much, as it has a white background...I think a day aperture has a legitimate place on a GMT, but it just stands out too much in this case w/ its' white background..and while I can forgive a 'tight' turning bezel on other types of watches(like my OVM 39), a smooth turning bezel seems like a 'must have' on a GMT that is to be used as such..and it would be nice if they addressed the tight clasp on their bracelets..comments?..

Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic

The sporty exclusiveness of the Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic is the fusion of modern watchmaking with vintage flair, making it stands out from other diver watches. Its solid design guarantees highest resilience as well as an outstanding robust quality. Within the large genre of sports diver watches the Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium Blue-Red Ceramic, like the whole Ocean collection, is one of the few examples in its price range which demonstrates such an excellent cost-performance ratio.

The Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic is the nostalgic interpretation of a divers watch classic par excellence and comes up with many remarkable details, such as the extremely robust stainless steel 316L case measure at an ultra wearable size of 39mm wide. Additionally, the time is viewed through a double inner anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, which is framed by the unidirectional rotating diving bezel with its glossy blue and red ceramic inlay whose engraved vintage markings were generously equipped with luminous material. The case is waterproof to 300m, and bears satin-finishing on the top side, with polished sides.
http://www.gnomonwatches.com/steinhart- ... ed-ceramic
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Blue-Red Ceramic....

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 31st 2019, 8:42am

I like it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » July 31st 2019, 9:52am

Not bad. Not a fan of the old radium look. Every Steinhart I have owned was too damned long L2L with a flat assed case and bezel so stiff it would rival my penis at age 15.
Last edited by biglove on July 31st 2019, 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » July 31st 2019, 11:50am

biglove wrote:Not bad. Not a an if the old radium look. Every Steinhart I have owned was too damned long L2L with a flat assed case and bezel so stiff it would rival my penis at age 15.

I agree, well about the lug to lug flat case being too long and too flat on 42mm Steinys anyway. My 39mm however was a different matter and fit my wrist as well as any watch I have ever owned. Thats if they havent changed the case from the 39mm originals.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » July 31st 2019, 12:53pm

MAX wrote:
biglove wrote:Not bad. Not a an if the old radium look. Every Steinhart I have owned was too damned long L2L with a flat assed case and bezel so stiff it would rival my penis at age 15.

I agree, well about the lug to lug flat case being too long and too flat on 42mm Steinys anyway. My 39mm however was a different matter and fit my wrist as well as any watch I have ever owned. Thats if they havent changed the case from the 39mm originals.

Apparently, they have made some changes to the case...crown protectors are gone and the lug edges seem to be chamfered..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “eBay & Off-Site Sales”