Some forum changes August 2020

Forum Announcements & TOS are here
koimaster
Founder

Some forum changes August 2020

Post by koimaster » August 22nd 2020, 12:51pm

First off, thanks to Dion for all of the work he has done to get the forum squared away. We recently had bots hitting the forum pretty hard (must be my fuck off ban notice to them) , there was an issue with SQL and some other issues related to our host doing some work on the VPS. Dion noticed it and took care of it. One of the things he recommended and we did was to move the domains to another site which has a very robust security setup including DDoS attack mitigation or denial of service attacks by folks with too much time on their hands.

Dion and our VPS provider got everything working to his satisfaction, I think, and I am not sure anyone noticed any interruptions. The board should be faster and more database available to post really annoying topics and hater crap.

I also want to thank those who donate to the forum to keep it up and running, folks like Bedam, Allison, bbattle, Boscoe and others. The donations help pay for Dion's work and support as well as our hosting fees, domain renewals and everything else that it takes to keep the place up and running.

Watchlords, the deep end of the pool and not afraid to burn in hell with the other haters. I also looking into adding a couple of more styles for the board for those hate the two styles we currently have.
WL board.PNG
In UCP you can change your board view to WL or BDWF style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Some forum changes

Post by MAX » August 23rd 2020, 4:00am

Good job. I like the styles we have now, not like WUS that has totally ruined its forum.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
koimaster
Founder

Re: Some forum changes August 2020

Post by koimaster » August 24th 2020, 1:10pm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Koi Pond”