New old Enicar

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

New old Enicar

Post by gerdson » February 15th 2020, 7:05am

So just a while ago someone offered a bundle of two Enicar on a German "classified" site operated by ebay. I was interested in one of them, and contacted him. He said he already had someone interested only in the other one - which was a "Sherpa" model, so more prestigious. I would have taken both, but that did also suit me, and I finally managed to secure this beauty, along with some original Enicar straps from the 70ies, at a very reasonable price:

The "tapestry" dial is awesome at close range.

He sold it has "handwound", but from the reference number as well as the movement it was clear that it is missing the automatic bridge and rotor, and settled the question why the dial says "automatic". And I happen to have spares here, so I will get that fixed easily. Alone selling the spare straps with the original Enicar buckles and print will re-imburse me with probably half of what I paid in total (despite these are 60ies quality, both leather and "tin buckles", not what one is used to these days.)

But the buckle mounted on the watch shown in the picture above is of a different kind, more solid:

These buckles do by now go for 30-40 a piece, if You are lucky to find one. Unfortunately some of those on the market have "unconventional size", so it is not straight forward to find a strap that fits. I have them mounted on a number of my Enicar, bought them early when the hype was not so bad yet.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: New old Enicar

Post by conjurer » February 15th 2020, 8:33am

That watch is the fucking tits, Gerdy! (This means it's really good, like a fine pair of tits. "Tits" is a slang term in English for women's breasts.)
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 15th 2020, 11:17am

Really nice, especially considering its vintage. Great job, as usual.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 15th 2020, 6:05pm

Many a Watch God drain horns of their finest ales in salute of your fine ass find..
Last edited by Thunder1 on February 16th 2020, 6:05am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » February 15th 2020, 11:20pm

will do - but as one can see at the 6 o'clock - need to polish the crystal first (or have it replaced - the whole watch needs to see the doctor anyways)
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Return to “Vintage Watches”