Know your worth

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Know your worth

Post by koimaster » October 7th 2019, 10:14am

71930448_10217451727698507_6014418484715323392_n.jpg

A father before he died said to his son: “this is a watch your grandfather gave me, and is more than 200 years old. But before I give it to you, go to the watch shop on the first street, and tell him I want to sell it, and see how much he offers you”.

He went, and then came back to his father, and said, "the watchmaker offered 5 dollars because it's old”.

He said to him : “go to the coffee shop”.

He went and then came back, and said: “He offered $5 father”.

“Go to the museum and show that watch”.

He went then came back, and said to his father “They offered me a million dollars for this piece”.

The father said: “I wanted to let you know that the right place values you in right way.

Don't find yourself in the wrong place and get angry if you are not valued.

Those that know your value are those who appreciate you, don't stay in a place where nobody sees your value".

Know your worth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Know your worth

Post by tomsimac » October 7th 2019, 12:29pm

Those that know your value are those who appreciate you, don't stay in a place where nobody sees your value"
1. A reason for leaving many of the watch forums..... or getting banned
2. Self worth .... so many great quotes out there.... but until you actually do something or truly believe the concept, it’s for naught.

I read a book that made me understand it very well and it did change my life. Books matter...
One that was essential was a biographical story written by no less than Sammy Davis Jr.
Possibly the best artist in the Rat Pack.. I know, Sinatra and Martin are fantastically gifted.
However, at his prime, Davis had not conquered the self worth doubts. How he overcame it was so simple... and caused by an episode... well the book was named “ Yes I Can”
The way he handled rejection was so simple, I started doing it and it made me immune to the fear.
Now friends, I would tell you but I hope you read the book. If any asshat posts me, I’ll oblige and add it here.
Hint: Honestly, “I don’t give a damn” ala “Gone With the Wind “ line by Gable was decades earlier

Return to “Vintage Watches”