1st astrological watch - Astromatic X

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

1st astrological watch - Astromatic X

Post by koimaster » August 29th 2019, 8:32am

Astromatic X booklet found

This six pager on the Astromatic X that I bought on eBay for a few bucks features as many font types as it has entries. The design full of different shapes and colors makes it look like a manual for some funky RC car, not a watch. But that was part of the charm, I guess. Reading it is fun, and I think I will let it help me when explaining some of the watch’s ‚scientific‘ features.

Era understanding

Where to start. Let’s go back to the early 1990s when I was in grammar school. I remember it as if it was yesterday: the girls in my class loved reading their horoscopes. The daily newspaper and weekly magazines always featured special columns on a prominent page informing citizens about their astrological priorities for the upcoming period. I think the morning radio show may have read them out loud as well. I forgot how ridiculous and serious at the same moment that was. One thing I know for sure is that I was the only one in class that didn’t know when exactly all the Scorpios or Libras were born. Following the predictions for my star sign, the Cancer was my only concern.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-fir ... romatic-x/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Vintage Watches”