Watch dials in full bloom

For discussions and topics specifically related to watches for the ladies!
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Watch dials in full bloom

Post by koimaster » November 9th 2015, 9:30am

Et_les_Fleurs_1_640_360_s_c1_center_center.jpg

Legend has it JFK sent flowers to the women he was breaking up with. In 2015, leaving a woman might have cost him dearly. For today’s ladies are no longer content with bouquets in vases – they want them on their wrists!

Florals are the stars of the moment. We haven’t seen quite this many blooms since Magnum, the mustachioed detective, wore his Hawaiian shirts. Is that a smile on your face? Ask any girl if she finds him (and his butler in his breeches) ridiculous… If she says “yes”, it’s because she’s under 35 and doesn’t know who you’re talking about. Long gone are the 1980s, of course, with their Mad-Men-style curtains and vintage lampshades. But endeavors to combine gardens and dials are well and truly up-to-date and quite successful, too. It’s no coincidence that ‘horticulture’ and ‘horology’ begin with the same letter.

The dial of the Ballon Bleu de Cartier Watch with Granulation and Orchid Décor Engraved Mother-of-Pearl showcases an orchid using a number of ancestral artistic crafts that include enameling and Etruscan granulation. And the touch of glamour? A diamond-set bezel, naturally. At Chanel, the Mademoiselle Privé Camelia Brodé timepiece displays a camellia embroidered by Lesage using silk and gold thread. It also glitters with a thousand sparkles thanks to some radiant gem-setting that draws a beautiful contrast to the dark dial. So have you understood the message, yet? While you’ve certainly passed the age for drawing flowers in your diary, it doesn’t stop you from being sexy by wearing them on your wrist—especially as many models now seamlessly combine elegance and performance.

http://www.wthejournal.com/en/news/view ... full-bloom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watch dials in full bloom

Post by Mark1 » November 9th 2015, 8:00pm

Fog and Conj beat me to both punchlines, great minds think alike-or maybe we're all morons. Probably even money.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watch dials in full bloom

Post by biglove » November 11th 2015, 9:48am

Beau nidle wrote:Am I the only one who initially saw three pussies on that dial? Three badly packed kebabs? A bag, if you will, of Basset's Clitoris Allsorts?

Damn. I must be getting old. Didn't see it until now.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB

Return to “Ladies Watches”