Gnu Wartche GODAM it Now with pitchers!!

User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9097
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Gnu Wartche GODAM it

Post by Mark1 » March 14th 2023, 9:10pm

ThAts purrtY thems sEattleites shure lyke them sum lYte fixTurez annd whut Knot. CongradualashionS.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
conjurer
Owner
Posts: 35288
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Gnu Wartche GODAM it

Post by conjurer » March 14th 2023, 10:57pm

jason_recliner wrote:
March 14th 2023, 10:00pm
Eff yeah, that's a great looking watch. Love everything about it, really. What's the 10 o'clock crown for? HEV?
Interestingly, no. Stepping out of the geekish Conjurbator mode, I've decided to concentrate on things that are interesting.

Apparently, in the 1970s, Breitling was at death's door, and Willy Brietling decided to sell off some of his shit. Helmut Sinn bought the rights to the Navitimer, and the company has owned them ever since. In the meantime, Breitling still can produce the Navitimer, and does so until this day. However, Sinn improved the 903 (their name), increasing the WR to 100 meters (the Breitling is still only 30 meters), and changing the rotating bezel for the sliderule with a dial controlled deal, which accounts for the 10 o'clock crown.

A couple added features: the Sinn measures around 41mm, which the Breitling is, I think, 44mm. Also, the movement in the Sinn is made by La Joux-Perret with a column wheel, while the Breitling is still using a cam movement, like the Valjoux 7753.

All of this taken together, added to the fact that I've been waiting four months for this watch to become available, makes it interesting to me. They also make a vintage inspired blue dialed 903, which has the shit-lumed antique Superlumanova lume, interests me not in the slightest.
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 3144
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Gnu Wartche GODAM it

Post by JAS1125 » March 15th 2023, 6:41am

conjurer wrote:
March 14th 2023, 10:57pm
jason_recliner wrote:
March 14th 2023, 10:00pm
Eff yeah, that's a great looking watch. Love everything about it, really. What's the 10 o'clock crown for? HEV?
Interestingly, no. Stepping out of the geekish Conjurbator mode, I've decided to concentrate on things that are interesting.

Apparently, in the 1970s, Breitling was at death's door, and Willy Brietling decided to sell off some of his shit. Helmut Sinn bought the rights to the Navitimer, and the company has owned them ever since. In the meantime, Breitling still can produce the Navitimer, and does so until this day. However, Sinn improved the 903 (their name), increasing the WR to 100 meters (the Breitling is still only 30 meters), and changing the rotating bezel for the sliderule with a dial controlled deal, which accounts for the 10 o'clock crown.

A couple added features: the Sinn measures around 41mm, which the Breitling is, I think, 44mm. Also, the movement in the Sinn is made by La Joux-Perret with a column wheel, while the Breitling is still using a cam movement, like the Valjoux 7753.

All of this taken together, added to the fact that I've been waiting four months for this watch to become available, makes it interesting to me. They also make a vintage inspired blue dialed 903, which has the shit-lumed antique Superlumanova lume, interests me not in the slightest.
Never knew any of this.... Thanks for sharing it.

Damn sharp watch too!
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
User avatar
smellody
Owner
Posts: 11601
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Gnu Wartche GODAM it

Post by smellody » March 15th 2023, 6:49am

JAS1125 wrote:
March 15th 2023, 6:41am
conjurer wrote:
March 14th 2023, 10:57pm
jason_recliner wrote:
March 14th 2023, 10:00pm
Eff yeah, that's a great looking watch. Love everything about it, really. What's the 10 o'clock crown for? HEV?
Interestingly, no. Stepping out of the geekish Conjurbator mode, I've decided to concentrate on things that are interesting.

Apparently, in the 1970s, Breitling was at death's door, and Willy Brietling decided to sell off some of his shit. Helmut Sinn bought the rights to the Navitimer, and the company has owned them ever since. In the meantime, Breitling still can produce the Navitimer, and does so until this day. However, Sinn improved the 903 (their name), increasing the WR to 100 meters (the Breitling is still only 30 meters), and changing the rotating bezel for the sliderule with a dial controlled deal, which accounts for the 10 o'clock crown.

A couple added features: the Sinn measures around 41mm, which the Breitling is, I think, 44mm. Also, the movement in the Sinn is made by La Joux-Perret with a column wheel, while the Breitling is still using a cam movement, like the Valjoux 7753.

All of this taken together, added to the fact that I've been waiting four months for this watch to become available, makes it interesting to me. They also make a vintage inspired blue dialed 903, which has the shit-lumed antique Superlumanova lume, interests me not in the slightest.
Never knew any of this.... Thanks for sharing it.

Damn sharp watch too!
Great information!
   Image
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 3982
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Contact:

Re: Gnu Wartche GODAM it Now with pitchers!!

Post by Nuvolari » March 18th 2023, 11:13am

First of all - Conj, that’s the best gawddamn Breitling on the gawddamn market, gawddamn it - a ‘cause it’s Germaine or whatever. It is a superb!

And B). As far as near-misses go: Wow! There’s a Rotary with THREE $ubdials!!? Must be nice… 😉
F91554EE-01DF-4CAF-80D8-1F020BF57BF7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Your New Watch”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Turtle Lover and 1 guest