Tooter #2

Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Tooter #2

Post by Datsun240Z71 » September 2nd 2022, 6:28am

Inspired by conjurer's recent pics of his Tudor Royal 38mm , I became intrigued by the larger 41mm day/date version (a poor man's Rolex Day Date, if you will). I do not own a dress watch, so this actually filled a niche.

I decided after several weeks of going back and forth to get the black dial (the silver was Door #2) , and I have to say, it's a very nice piece. The dial has a charcoal sheen, and the raised gold Roman numerals just pop. The bracelet, while very comfortable and simple to size (screws) has no micro-adjustment or half links, which I could probably use. The links are about 1/4 inch long, so it's close. I might have to delete one link, but on initial test-fitting, it seemed a bit too tight. As John noted, the small gold links are capped, and look fantastic. The bezel is real 18kt. gold.

Got it from watchshopping.com about 8 days after purchase for about 26% off MSRP, lower than many on chrono24 and elsewhere new or used! A true bargain IMO at the price paid!

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/t ... 8603-0003

Randy in Nashville
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tooter #2

Post by Mark1 » September 2nd 2022, 6:58am

Nice, I like the combination of the black dial and gold indices. Congratulations.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tooter #2

Post by Thunder1 » September 2nd 2022, 7:34am

Many a Watch God raise their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine ass pick up..they all give it 2 spears up!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Your New Watch”