Finally got me one that looks awesome at a great price

svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Finally got me one that looks awesome at a great price

Post by svaglic » August 17th 2022, 10:27am

The Waltham 65 jewel
35mm; 40mm lug to lug; Lug width: 18mm, linen dial, 10k RGP bezel.

I’ve wanted one since I first got into vintage watches, but they were too expensive or not a dial I wanted. That search is over now.
Look at that dial, man they knew how to create a dial back in the day.
4A45D96D-939C-43E6-A741-49B6FBA3AAE4.jpeg
No signed crown, I thought it odd, but others like this have the same crown so it’s all good.
665C861B-6F2E-4C69-A902-DEE60322FAFD.jpeg
This is the sellers picture, I didn’t want to take the back off. It’s a good trusted seller so I’m trusting his picture.
E6956AC9-424E-45F3-9D34-9E4F5E547E77.jpeg
The back
ED9F5D46-88AD-41B1-8A2D-68B175FCFBE7.jpeg
I’m happy another is off the list.
98D3E2D9-365D-403E-AC2C-30185F2044AD.jpeg
Almost looks NOS. There was another one that had a slightly chewed up case. The one I got was way cheaper and better shape.

There are no rub spots down to silver, it’s just my picture taking. It just needs a little wipe down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
svaglic
Master of Time

Re: Finally got me one that looks awesome at a great price

Post by svaglic » August 17th 2022, 10:47am

conjurer wrote:
August 17th 2022, 10:29am
Nice! Great find. What do 65 jewels do??
Nothing, it’s a gimmick, but they seem to be going up in value and that dial is tops.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » August 17th 2022, 11:27am

65 Jewels? Where the hell are they hiding... I thought 39 in Girard Perregaux was many.
Congratulations, fantastic find in such good condition!
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 17th 2022, 11:47am

gerdson wrote:
August 17th 2022, 11:27am
65 Jewels? Where the hell are they hiding... I thought 39 in Girard Perregaux was many.
Congratulations, fantastic find in such good condition!
Waltham also has a 100 jewel watch that tends to sell for a lot of money. Deals can be found, but I just haven’t seen a cool dial on one that I must have.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 17th 2022, 12:07pm

Wow, that is STUNNING! Sharp dauphine hands that extend right up to the bottom of the marker, the way it is supposed to be, damn it.

I also love that dial behind the perfect red seconds hand… and such great condition, too.

In my opinion, this is a simply amazing find - where your patience is rightfully rewarded! I’m actually smitten on your behalf! I can’t believe the superb over-all condition, you’ve got to be over the moon!

On an(other) entirely self-serving note, I hope it ships fast… we all need for it to arrive to you as soon as possible so we can see more… please.)

Even the band - sometimes the weak link on a vintage purchase - looks ‘just right’. Looks to be alligator, which is appropriately elegant with such clean lines.

Well done!
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 17th 2022, 12:21pm

Nuvolari wrote:
August 17th 2022, 12:07pm
Wow, that is STUNNING! Sharp dauphine hands that extend right up to the bottom of the marker, the way it is supposed to be, damn it.

I also love that dial behind the perfect red seconds hand… and such great condition, too.

In my opinion, this is a simply amazing find - where your patience is rightfully rewarded! I’m actually smitten on your behalf! I can’t believe the superb over-all condition, you’ve got to be over the moon!

On an(other) entirely self-serving note, I hope it ships fast… we all need for it to arrive to you as soon as possible so we can see more… please.)

Even the band - sometimes the weak link on a vintage purchase - looks ‘just right’. Looks to be alligator, which is appropriately elegant with such clean lines.

Well done!
Thank you, it’s mine and in my hands. The only picture not mine is the one of the movement. I’ll swap the band out.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » August 18th 2022, 2:38am

I found this when researching how a caliber can have so many functional jewels...
https://omegaforums.net/threads/waltham ... ng.140414/
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » August 18th 2022, 6:55am

gerdson wrote:
August 18th 2022, 2:38am
I found this when researching how a caliber can have so many functional jewels...
https://omegaforums.net/threads/waltham ... ng.140414/
Canuck sounds like a real dildo.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 18th 2022, 7:09pm

svaglic wrote:
August 17th 2022, 12:21pm
Nuvolari wrote:
August 17th 2022, 12:07pm

Well done!
Thank you, it’s mine and in my hands. The only picture not mine is the one of the movement. I’ll swap the band out.
My bad - I see it now, only the movement picture is the seller’s! Doh!

Nice pictures, then!
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » August 19th 2022, 11:12am

conjurer wrote:
August 17th 2022, 10:29am
Nice! Great find. What do 65 jewels do??
If it was an Invicter about 40 of them would be rattling around inside the case.

Congrats Allison, always nice to find one you've been hunting. Dial looks great.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “Your New Watch”