I bought a new watch!

Richt2k
Facebook ID: 0

I bought a new watch!

Post by Richt2k » April 24th 2022, 7:15pm

It’s the first new watch I’ve bought in many years. I have been interested in an 80 hour movement for a while now. I considered a Tissot PRX but ultimately decided on this one since it’s a chronometer and from a more underrated brand. I also liked the unique texture on this dial and the double domed sapphire compared with the PRX. It was regularly listed at 798 and then I received an email about a price drop to 640 and with my birthday coming up soon, I said fuck it. Got it from joma since I’m not jomaphobic and I haven’t had a bad experience with them. With the exchange rate and import duties it cost me just under 1k Canadian. Definitely cheaper than it would have cost me locally. Pretty happy with it so far. Very nice box which will be collecting dust for the next 30 years. One thing that annoyed me was that the screwed in links were so tight, that I had to take it to a kiosk to get it sized. I should probably invest in a better screwdriver set. Also, I don’t know why it has a screw down crown. I would have preferred a push pull since it’s only 100m and I have no intention of swimming with it. Other than that I’m loving it. It’s been keeping cosc time and I’m gonna let it run down over the next few days to see if I get a full 80 hours. A similar look to an aqua terra for 1/8 the cost.

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: I bought a new watch!

Post by Thunder1 » April 25th 2022, 4:17am

Many a Watch God raise their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a$$ pick up..they all give it 2 spears up!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » April 26th 2022, 11:34am

Yup! Could live with that one a long time.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Richt2k

Post by Richt2k » May 5th 2022, 8:23am

Update:

I tried to leave it on the bedside table to see how much power reserve it actually holds, but I couldn’t resist putting it back on my wrist after two days 😆. I’m still in the honeymoon period with this one. I might be able to let it wind down later. It’s been running at about -1 -2 seconds a day.

A couple of small complaints:

The screw down crown is quite tight to unscrew and the grip isn’t great since it’s polished. I would have preferred a push pull crown on this one, or have a grippier crown.

The bracelet and clasp edges are a bit sharp and it can be a bit of a hair puller.

I think it would have been perfect at 40mm. 42 wears quite big especially that the bezel is so thin and it’s all dial.

The lume sucks, but I knew that going into it and I didn’t buy it for the lume. It’s a dressy casual watch so I won’t be diving with it… hopefully

Having said all that, I’m very pleased with the watch overall and how it’s running. I’m really enjoying wearing it. The dial really pops in the sun.

I love double domed sapphires and the way they look like a bubble from low angles without distorting the dial. This one isn’t heavily domed, but still gives the nice effect. Very nice AR too

Nice exhibition caseback and a nicely decorated movement

Return to “Your New Watch”