Beijing ZhuFeng (Everest)

svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Beijing ZhuFeng (Everest)

Post by svaglic » March 15th 2022, 8:03am

A couple of years ago I saw the blue and red spiral textured dial Beijing Beihai, I stalled on getting it, I thought I’d be able to pick one up used for cheaper. Well, a couple of weeks ago I looked for one and they are not for sale new or used, I missed the boat on it. I will keep looking and will eventually find one, but that day is not today. I looked for their anniversary Beihai and can’t find them either. The people buying these like them and they just don’t go up for sale much.
I really wanted the B18 movement and found this Beijing ZhuFeng for sale, used with no box. I hesitated, but saw the same watch new for sale for $745.00 and decided the box wasn’t worth the used to new price difference of over $500.00.

I got lucky and got this for a great price.
It reminds me of the Mido all dial, which I was able to remove from my list when I got and saw this.
EBD082C4-1672-4E9B-B6F6-3D2DB9A1F0CE.jpeg
Here is the bracelet, a butterfly clasp, and it melts onto my wrist. It is so comfortable and is very well made.
CBCB0CFA-FDD8-4790-B44A-E1BED2390C40.jpeg
Side profile with a signed crown. The curve fits my wrist perfectly.
B110E94A-CA68-4490-96CE-46E6DE49E23C.jpeg
The B18 movement, it is beautiful. This set up is so nice, plus the finishing is tops.
D52F5ACB-A337-4FF7-8DA9-42EF2EEE0E5F.jpeg
I’m not seeing anything wrong with the build of this watch, I see quality. I was hugely surprised when I got it in my hands. Of course I messaged Ron to show him and I told him “I get it now”.

You guys know how much I love my hked, I have no intentions of ever parting with the 63 by him because I love that watch, but the quality of this watch is unbelievable and more above the hked.

I will never stall on a Beijing watch again, I am a fan now. This is going in my higher end watch box, along side my Oris, Rado, Eterna Zodiac Calame, Kurono etc…. This watch was a very pleasant surprise in quality.

38.5mm w/o crown (41.5 w/ crown), 34mm dial, 8.5mm thickness, 44mm lug to lug, 20mm band width
WR 3atm
Imported Stainless Steel
Beijing B18 movement
White enamel dial with applied or raised Arabic numerals
Date at 3 o'clock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Beijing ZhuFeng (Everest)

Post by AlbertaTime » March 16th 2022, 5:23pm

Gorgeous watch. Love everything about it. Is the bracelet as comfortable as it looks?
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » March 16th 2022, 7:17pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
March 16th 2022, 5:23pm
Gorgeous watch. Love everything about it. Is the bracelet as comfortable as it looks?
It is, they put a lot into the bracelet. I was surprised by all the attention to detail that they did on this watch.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » April 7th 2022, 11:44am

You know, this watch has really got me into wanting more high end Chinese watches. I really wasn’t expecting what I got. I told Albertatime that I get it now. I have other Chinese watches, but this is the one that sealed the deal for me with wanting more.
I wouldn’t hesitate to put the quality up by my Oris, it’s that nice.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 7th 2022, 11:51am

svaglic wrote:
April 7th 2022, 11:44am
You know, this watch has really got me into wanting more high end Chinese watches. I really wasn’t expecting what I got. I told Albertatime that I get it now. I have other Chinese watches, but this is the one that sealed the deal for me with wanting more.
I wouldn’t hesitate to put the quality up by my Oris, it’s that nice.
good to here. Once upon a time here at WL we disparaged chinese watches and I think rightfully so but over the years they have stepped up their game and I think can compete with the best German and Swiss brands. A couple may even be able to compete with some of the higher end independent brands as well.

atelier wen is a good one. Ciga Design is not my cup of tea but if I remember correctly one of their designs beat the Swiss in a competition. https://www.cigadesign-europe.com/watches/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Your New Watch”