My my my my my my my Kurono

svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by svaglic » February 9th 2022, 4:59pm

To say I’m excited is an understatement. I usually search until I can find a steal of a deal or get something new half or two thirds off.
I paid more then retail, but not much over. The guy opened it, didn’t like it and put it up for sale, so it’s new open box.
Of course my pictures suck and even though I wiped it down, there is dust showing.
FBBCB132-5CA5-4655-9A92-DC7A9F32A319.jpeg
No signed crown so I won’t waste a picture on that. Here is the back.
1663A663-7C87-44CC-80E6-E724B0DA184C.jpeg
Another front shot
E795DC08-5031-416C-81EE-67362E4CB0C6.jpeg
A side shot that shows the second hand bent down.
87E728C5-2EFB-4239-BB63-134E931E4849.jpeg
429FFA53-A43D-4F3F-9F17-F66999E457E6.jpeg
I don’t think I could be much happier with it. The black strap it comes on is one of the cheapest steps I have ever seen, but I think most people swap them out anyway. I already have a request in to have one made for it from Martac. The ones that Kurono sells are about $125.00 and all sold out except one that is $158.00 and a pre order. It’s cool, just not what I’m looking for, maybe I’ll change my mind, but the price is kind of high.
I’m using my Seiko Presage strap that I replaced until I get a few for this one. I’ll get a picture of it on that tomorrow. I have some ostrich, buffalo and stingray in my eBay cart. I’ll look around some more and see what I like the best.
I got some decent straps from Cheap Nato Straps when they had their sale to stay in business, but they don’t have anything like I liked there anymore. I got them in 18mm for my vintage watches and this takes a 20mm.

I love the look, color, dial, hands, size case etc….and the fact that it is part of Hajime Asaoka’s introductory watches.
This salmon dial knocked out the Seiko Presage and the Sobrinos Flameante that I was considering. I jumped pretty quick when I saw this, I usually take a month or more researching and looking for a great price.
Everyone is calling it a dress watch, I’m looking at it as more for casual wear.

This is my second most expensive watch behind my Grand Seiko. Kind of pathetic compared to most of your collections, but I’m happy. I also redefined my watch list and the watches on it are stepping it up, so I guess I’m going to be spending more on better watches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
koimaster
Founder

Re: My my my my my my my Kurono

Post by koimaster » February 9th 2022, 5:06pm

I like that watch. Very good choice and I have a black Alligator strap in 20mm if you want it. As to your collection, Geez you have a hell of a collection and one that most here or anywhere else would gladly pay you tuesday for one of them (watch) today.

I see what you did there :bvbvbv:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » February 9th 2022, 5:31pm

koimaster wrote:
February 9th 2022, 5:06pm
I like that watch. Very good choice and I have a black Alligator strap in 20mm if you want it. As to your collection, Geez you have a hell of a collection and one that most here or anywhere else would gladly pay you tuesday for one of them (watch) today.

I see what you did there :bvbvbv:
. You got a Knack for figuring things out

Thanks for the offer of the black alligator strap, but I’m going more with dark brown.

Here is the $158.00 strap that is pre order right now.
BBB67948-7409-4EDC-B1FD-F75C791DAF3C.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 9th 2022, 6:38pm

Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine pickup..they all give it(especially that dial!!) 2 spears up!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » February 10th 2022, 10:01am

iwasbanned wrote:
February 10th 2022, 9:52am
great watch. Did this one come with the blockchain warranty?
I have to look more into that. I think so because when I followed the link of the company they said it’s what they use.

Return to “Your New Watch”