Seiko Prospex Antarctica Baby Tuna

svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Seiko Prospex Antarctica Baby Tuna

Post by svaglic » February 1st 2022, 8:12pm

I’ve wanted a Tuna for a while, but they all seemed too big. This is kind of big, but the best I could do.
72DCFF60-6E2D-404E-AF9A-D6189AEC6E0C.jpeg
I like the texture on the dial. I dropped the gray silicone band and used a ladder bracelet from strapcode.
7C4C0F16-2FDC-4B6D-8C1B-0EDF696F6D1A.jpeg
It’s big, but I think I can pull it off with certain outfits during certain activities. It isn’t heavy or awkward on the wrist, it’s pretty comfortable.
2D88C027-DEAF-411F-85BD-408EF2D40EBF.jpeg
4F53971C-CD10-4BAB-8CEC-47D5DD4D8944.jpeg
It’s not a limited edition, it’s a special edition Prospex Antarctica Tuna. That’s supposed to be penguin foot prints on the left side of the dial.
Maybe I’m wrong, but around 10 years ago I remember baby Tuna’s being like 46mm or bigger. I remember thinking they were Baby Huey Tuna’s. I guess they made them smaller now, which I appreciate.
I paid $330.00 new for this which is cheaper then most micro brands. They had the Monster Antarctica for $15-20 cheaper, but I have wanted a nice looking Tuna for a while so I went with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: Seiko Prospex Antarctica Baby Tuna

Post by jason_recliner » February 1st 2022, 8:31pm

Great choice, very nice indeed. Love the dial. I'd keep it on the strap but whatever floats your boat. These are really good value, I don't understand Seiko's range any more i.e. why is this $300 but a SBBN-whatever is a grand?
:shrug:

It doesn't look too big at all IMO.
Last edited by jason_recliner on February 1st 2022, 8:34pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 1st 2022, 9:11pm

The dial is awesome and it looks very cool on the bracelet you chose. I like the take on hairlines on the bezel, too.

I think the older Baby Tunas were indeed bigger - interesting that the case is 43 and change in diameter, and measures only 44 lug to lug, which given your wrist shot, seems to enhance the wearability and appeal of BT's to a much wider audience. I wonder if 43 - 44 will become the standard dimensions of these.

Made in Japan so the QC should be good - great looking - price of a micro - Nice catch!

Added- just saw the MSRP is $550 (price @LIW and he gets list for stuff like these so I figgure that's what it is) - even better catch!
Last edited by 3Flushes on February 3rd 2022, 3:20am, edited 1 time in total.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » February 2nd 2022, 2:32am

jason_recliner wrote:
February 1st 2022, 8:31pm
Great choice, very nice indeed. Love the dial. I'd keep it on the strap but whatever floats your boat. These are really good value, I don't understand Seiko's range any more i.e. why is this $300 but a SBBN-whatever is a grand?

Increased WR, better materials, better movement, better tolerances, etc. The bezel and crown action on my SBBN013 are to die for.

Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » February 2nd 2022, 2:36am

Love the dial on that Baby Tuna!!

Congrats svaglic :-)
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » February 2nd 2022, 2:53am

bedlam wrote:
February 2nd 2022, 2:32am
jason_recliner wrote:
February 1st 2022, 8:31pm

Increased WR, better materials, better movement, better tolerances, etc. The bezel and crown action on my SBBN013 are to die for.

Yeah, fair enough. Been a long time since I've handled a SBBN and I've only seen the new Tunas in shop windows. I gotta say though, they look pretty good in the shop windows.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 2nd 2022, 5:36am

Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine ass pick up..they all love that dial & they all give it 2 spears up!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Your New Watch”