Just in: Serica 4512 California dial

iwasbanned
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Just in: Serica 4512 California dial

Post by iwasbanned » September 20th 2021, 11:45am

I saw this one on one of those best of list from Hodinkee and really liked it. Turned out it was really affordable, so on the hunt I went. The watch was sold out of course, probably due to the Hodinkee bump. So I put my name on the waitlist and boom a couple of weeks ago they got a new batch, I picked one for myself and it arrived at my doorstep today. You can see the specs below, but here's my take. I thought it would be smallish for 38mm, but it doesn't really feel it now on my wrist. The finish is really nice, especially for this price point, it looks great. The bracelet is quirky, but gives it a vintage feel, at least to me. I really like the oversized crown and domed crystal. It all makes for a great package. I'll be wearing the rest of the week I like it so much. I don't think this one is a flipper, but I retain the right to flip it anytime in the near future.

CASE: 316L stainless steel, Diamètre: 37,7mm, Thickness: 11,3mm (glass included)
GLASS: Sapphire glass, Lined dome (2mm), Anti-reflective coating
MOVEMENT: Mechanical / Manual winding, STP1-11M / SOPROD P24 MANUAL, 45h power reserve
BRACELET: Bonklip™, 316L Stainless Steel
HANDS: Broad Arrow, Brushed steel, Swiss SuperLuminova
DIAL: Lacquered Black, Luminescent Index
CROWN: Screw-down crown, Oversized 7.5mm
WATERPROOFING: 200m

nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Just in: Serica 4512 California dial

Post by nimbleboy » September 20th 2021, 12:47pm

I like that. I'm not a big fan of California dials, but I see there are two other options for the same watch. I'm keeping my eyes open for something like this to get my nephew in the spring when he finishes high school...
Is it safe?

Return to “Your New Watch”