'Winters' Early Arrival, And No Complaints!!..

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

'Winters' Early Arrival, And No Complaints!!..

Post by Thunder1 » June 29th 2021, 1:47pm

After very little deliberation, I jumped on what I considered to be a 'good deal' on a Grand Seiko SBGA415 'Winter'..the original owner was disappointed with it and let it go for a sizable discount from retail(and no sales tax!!)..some of the stickers were still in place, as he hadn't even worn it..

Basically, it's a 40.5mm Spring Drive housed in titanium(as well as the bracelet/clasp)..the 9R65 movement has a 72 hr. power reserve and s/b accurate in the realm of +-15 seconds per month..

The big selling point of this baby is its' nicely textured grey colored dial..supposedly inspired by Japan's snow filled winter skies, I will say that it's overall appearance is a little more 'subdued' in comparison to it's 'Spring' stablemate(from the pics that I've seen of both together)..here's a couple of quick pics that I've taken of it..
Seiko Grand Seiko SBGA415(Winter)(1).JPG
Seiko Grand Seiko SBGA415(Winter)(2).JPG
It also makes for an interesting comparison to my GS SBGA387..aside from the difference in dial color, the SBGA387 has a bezel and the case & bracelet are constructed from SS..also, the case construction is slightly different..here's a pic of them side by side..
Seiko Grand Seikos(1).JPG
Now, if only the 'birch' GS can be found at a good price point!!..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thunder1 on June 29th 2021, 3:13pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 'Winters' Early Arrival, And No Complaints!!..

Post by Thunder1 » June 29th 2021, 3:23pm

Thanx guys..here's a better pic..
Seiko Grand Seiko SBGA415(Winter)(4).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » June 29th 2021, 3:30pm

Thunder1 wrote:
June 29th 2021, 3:23pm
Thanx guys..here's a better pic..
Seiko Grand Seiko SBGA415(Winter)(4).JPG
The dial is beautiful. The finish almost looks hammered.

I like a hammered finish. Reminds me of the finish that was on the air cleaner of my 3.8 liter Jaguar MK 2.

Congratulations!!
franklin

Post by franklin » July 26th 2021, 12:27am

A couple of gorgeous pieces, Sir.

I've never quite been convinced by the style and positioning of GS power reserve indicators, but the watches are definitely top echelon horology. My compliments.
Audemars Piguet, Benzinger, Dornblüth, Glashütte Original (x3), Meistersinger, Moritz Grossmann (x3), Moser, Nomos, Rolex, Stowa, Zenith.

Return to “Your New Watch”