I bought another watch

smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

I bought another watch

Post by smellody » June 16th 2021, 11:22am

Didn't need it. Had it before (literally). I'm way too damn sentimental. I like my stuff. It is a sickness. It makes me happy. I could afford it (barely). It fits in the safe. It is colorful. It is serviceable. It is still almost like new. I'm nuts.

That's all. I'll post pictures and so forth when it arrives and I put it back in the stable.
koimaster
Founder

Re: I bought another watch

Post by koimaster » June 16th 2021, 4:05pm

smellody wrote:
June 16th 2021, 11:22am
Didn't need it. Had it before (literally). I'm way too damn sentimental. I like my stuff. It is a sickness. It makes me happy. I could afford it (barely). It fits in the safe. It is colorful. It is serviceable. It is still almost like new. I'm nuts.

That's all. I'll post pictures and so forth when it arrives and I put it back in the stable.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » June 16th 2021, 5:10pm

The Energia?
2B20A522-FF69-48D6-83C5-17FD82C1E031.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » June 16th 2021, 6:31pm

smellody wrote:
June 16th 2021, 6:26pm
jason_recliner wrote:
June 16th 2021, 6:09pm
Tudor Tiger Dive Watch!
Close, very, very, very close. But, I DO NOT like T. Woods. So no, I will NOT wear a watch that has his name on it.
The Tiger was named after Woods? I did not know that.

Tudor Prince Date Hydronaut!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
smellody

Post by smellody » June 16th 2021, 6:35pm

jason_recliner wrote:
June 16th 2021, 6:31pm
smellody wrote:
June 16th 2021, 6:26pm
jason_recliner wrote:
June 16th 2021, 6:09pm
Tudor Tiger Dive Watch!
Close, very, very, very close. But, I DO NOT like T. Woods. So no, I will NOT wear a watch that has his name on it.
The Tiger was named after Woods? I did not know that.

Tudor Prince Date Hydronaut!
Chicken 🐔 dinner!

Yes. T. Woods was the Tudor spokes "model" at the time late 90's on until he dropped Tudor for Tag. .. . .for more pig capitalist money!

Concurrently, Tudor pulled out of the North American market.
Last edited by smellody on June 16th 2021, 6:44pm, edited 2 times in total.
smellody

Post by smellody » June 16th 2021, 6:41pm

My new, old watch.

This is the actual watch that I previously owned that I traded as part of a package for my Rolex Submariner 5508.

It is an early model sans the word HYDRONAUT and luckily pre-T. WOODS. Not all markets had TIGER branding. Regardless, this is an early one.

My watch originated from Malaysia. It came to my Jeweler via a local collecter. I purchased it originally I'm 2011, I think.

I used to have an orange one and a black one too. CONJURBAITOR has the black one.

Interestingly, this one is coming back to me with papers, booklets, and. . .. . .. . . .my orange Hydronaut's inner and outer boxes.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » June 16th 2021, 7:09pm

Congratulations on a very-fine-indeed acquisition! Great choice! I fucking LOVE dive watches, just cannot get enough of them! Wear that badboi in good health whatever your day may bring, may the watch gods bow down to you bearing gourds overflowing with amber nectar (or something), and like that.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
smellody

Post by smellody » June 16th 2021, 7:15pm

jason_recliner wrote:
June 16th 2021, 7:09pm
Congratulations on a very-fine-indeed acquisition! Great choice! I fucking LOVE dive watches, just cannot get enough of them! Wear that badboi in good health whatever your day may bring, may the watch gods bow down to you bearing gourds overflowing with amber nectar (or something), and like that.
I will. Thanks Tow-Bee
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » June 23rd 2021, 5:22pm

That's a beauty Christopher. It's only the second yellow dial (besides mine) that I have seen posted on a forum. The dial is the same as mine but the bezel colourways are opposite of mine. So what year does yours trace back to?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
smellody

Post by smellody » June 23rd 2021, 5:37pm

Mark1 wrote:
June 23rd 2021, 5:22pm
That's a beauty Christopher. It's only the second yellow dial (besides mine) that I have seen posted on a forum. The dial is the same as mine but the bezel colourways are opposite of mine. So what year does yours trace back to?
Mine originated in Singapore. I purchased it from my jeweler. He bought it from a local collector who bought it new.

This version lacks the HYDRONAUT designation which is early and only in some markets.

I traded this one and my orange one and a bunch of other watches several years ago to get my 5508 Submariner.

I always thought orange and yellow dial Tudors would be a big thing in the future. Maybe not now that Rolex has a whole line of brightly colored oyster perpetuals.

I will continue to say that the HYDRONAUT is likely the best value for Rolex/Tudor for someone, unlike ToeBee, who likes dive watches.

Anyhow, I was browsing a popular auction site a couple of weeks ago and Bob is is your uncle as Dirtbox says. Interestingly, this watch returned in the Orange HYDRONAUT's box.

I think I may pursue getting all the bright dials again. With that said none will have the name TIGER on the dial.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » June 23rd 2021, 5:42pm

One never knows, I picked mine up in 2014 from an auction site that rhymes with fleabay. Paid the buy it now price of $1175. Was a little concerned about authenticity after the inebriated purchase. Smells jeweler to the stars, Tom authenticated it for me.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
smellody

Post by smellody » June 23rd 2021, 5:48pm

Mark1 wrote:
June 23rd 2021, 5:42pm
One never knows, I picked mine up in 2014 from an auction site that rhymes with fleabay. Paid the buy it now price of $1175. Was a little concerned about authenticity after the inebriated purchase. Smells jeweler to the stars, Tom authenticated it for me.
Your watch is the ONLY one I've ever seen with the black bezel. Looks so good.

Return to “Your New Watch”