big dick

nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

big dick

Post by nimbleboy » April 30th 2021, 10:53am

I had a larger-than-usual paycheck a couple months ago and decided I couldn't be responsible with *all* the "extra" money, so I sent some money to Singapore. This RLG showed up recently, but I couldn't tell you exactly when, because DHL, as I believe we all know, kinda blows.

I am wearing it for the first time today. I need to get the bracelet sized, and I understand it's a pipe and pin and collar, so I'll head to my favorite jewelers as soon as I get a chance. I'm not sure I love the bracelet, though, so I am rather tempted to put this Strapcode on it, as I'm pretty sure it will fit quite nicely. I tried to put it on it today, but as I remembered from the last time I tried, I can't install a bracelet with solid end links. Helpful hints welcome. So it's the RLG rubber for now.

I think it's running kind of fast, but I haven't paid close attention yet. The lume is OK, I guess. It fades significantly within a few minutes.

I think the blue dial is quite lovely and I really like the simple handset. I love the size (39mm) and the overall retro aesthetic.

Perhaps you already noticed the thing that I like the least about this watch. What is going on with the 1 vs the 2 at the top of the dial??? The one has too much black or the 2 has too little... or both. I watched a video about this watch a little while ago, and the guy had a demo/prototype whatever. I noticed it there and hoped it was something that might get cleaned up. Oh well. I'm only mildly OCD, so it might not bother me too much in the long run. I realize I didn't pay big bucks for this one and I can't expect perfection...

I definitely like this one so far. I'll wear it for a few days and see how it goes. I'm in the middle of packing/moving and so this thing you're reading is one more way to procrastinate...
Is it safe?
koimaster
Founder

Re: big dick

Post by koimaster » April 30th 2021, 11:32am

I own a first gen RLG and have zero issues. You will enjoy the watch. Nice pickup and worth the money.

https://www.watchgecko.com/merriott-qui ... atch-strap

Quick release mesh straps

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » April 30th 2021, 11:37am

Nice, I like the raised hour markers and the dial color. There is a real nice contrast between the dial and hands. Congrats.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » May 1st 2021, 5:25am

TemerityB wrote:
April 30th 2021, 5:48pm

Pretty spiffy
That made me laugh for some reason but and apt description.

Nice looking choice.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Your New Watch”