Incoming, I’m not sure of this one.

svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Incoming, I’m not sure of this one.

Post by svaglic » April 21st 2021, 10:33am

It was on sale new for like 444.00. Used ones sell for 900-1000, so I figured why not give it a try. Harwood has been resurrected and they are claiming their heritage to the first Harwoods. It’s not related, it’s like Invicta and the Russian Diver I think. But, I am giving it a shot because they are under the umbrella company that has Fortis and Ball. These things cost some bucks normally. I figure I can trade it if I don’t like it. I’ve had worse for more money and it may be a keeper.
It’s 35mm, has the gimmick time setting bezel instead of a crown, has a nice textured dial and a 2892 a2 movement. I can’t really find any reviews on this, it’s been out a few years so I’m not sure why people aren’t writing about it. I found some information about it on WUS, but very little.
Above the 6 shows you if it is in safe or adjustment mode.
I got free ground shipping so I have to wait til UPS parks in my driveway.
F3CDD059-C3CD-4572-BDE9-6207EB69DA4D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Re: Incoming, I’m not sure of this one.

Post by svaglic » April 21st 2021, 2:13pm

smellody wrote:
April 21st 2021, 12:28pm
Super. Different and haven't heard of the brand. Attractive watch, especially the dial.
Link is courtesy of Koi.

https://www.harwood-watches.com/en/history/index.html

Sounds a little Invictaish to me, the original history of Harwood is cool, it has been rejuvenated by people with no connection to that history though.
However, the umbrella company also has Ball and Fortis, so that’s not bad.

It has a high MSRP, Ashford claims 3,450.00 with their price as 699.00, but it is on sale for 499.00,,,,, 444.11 if you use a code. Strange that the used ones go for 900-1000.00.

There are also claims that Rolex sent John Harwood letters for his advice or help on an automatic movement. I have no idea if Harwood ever worked with Rolex, some say they just requested his help and he didn’t help them while others claim he helped them.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Incoming, I’m not sure of this one.

Post by smellody » April 21st 2021, 3:53pm

svaglic wrote:
April 21st 2021, 2:13pm
smellody wrote:
April 21st 2021, 12:28pm
Super. Different and haven't heard of the brand. Attractive watch, especially the dial.
Link is courtesy of Koi.

https://www.harwood-watches.com/en/history/index.html

Sounds a little Invictaish to me, the original history of Harwood is cool, it has been rejuvenated by people with no connection to that history though.
However, the umbrella company also has Ball and Fortis, so that’s not bad.

It has a high MSRP, Ashford claims 3,450.00 with their price as 699.00, but it is on sale for 499.00,,,,, 444.11 if you use a code. Strange that the used ones go for 900-1000.00.

There are also claims that Rolex sent John Harwood letters for his advice or help on an automatic movement. I have no idea if Harwood ever worked with Rolex, some say they just requested his help and he didn’t help them while others claim he helped them.
Thanks! I loved the history.

Return to “Your New Watch”