Some stuff incoming

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Some stuff incoming

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 12th 2021, 7:31pm

Upon my recent fascination with AliExpress junk, I have ordered this:

It’s a sterile flieger, Sea-Gull clone of the Unitas inside a 44mm case. Made by some AliExpress-based brand called Geervo. A rather obvious homage to the IWC Big Pilot than to the B-Uhr itself. Well...we’ll see what it’s like when it arrives.

But hey... I am the VINTAGE bloke. With my birthday being just a few days away, I’ve been looking for a gift from myself to myself. My good friend got me a deal, and this is on its way to me:

Eterna bumper auto from the 1940s, full steel case with a bubble-ish screw-down back. It will receive a new crystal, and a thorough case cleaning.

Accompanying the Eterna will be this:

...a tank Rodana from the same period, although in a more Art-Deco style. Two-tone dial, the Fab. Suisse marking indicates a piece made for the French market.

Did I stop there? No.

As a finishing touch, I ordered this Bonklip-style 18mm bracelet on Etsy. Here’s hoping that Eterna bumper has 18mm lugs...

I will, of course, do a complete write-up once I receive all the parcels. In the meantime... It just feels good to be back.

Mr. Bloke out.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Some stuff incoming

Post by Thunder1 » April 13th 2021, 4:56am

Some really cool wrist wear coming your way!!...the Watch Gods give them all 2 spears up!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Some stuff incoming

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 14th 2021, 3:15pm

Update: alas, the Rodana is going back to the seller, the movement’s performance - as my buddy tested it on the timegrapher - is beyond poor.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Your New Watch”