My first haul of the new year

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: My first haul of the new year

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 9th 2021, 1:56pm

I really like the one with the red seconds hand. OK, I take that back, I absolutely love it. Great stuff, all of them!
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » February 9th 2021, 9:35pm

TemerityB wrote:
February 9th 2021, 8:04pm
Watching your emergence as a learned collector has been one of the best things about this forum. Wow, this one ranks as one of your most amazing hauls, well, ever.

Loving the Fortis and the Tissot particularly.

Great job, as always. What a blast.

My first post where I list my watches is so sad. Where I am today is just great, I’m not Dr. Smells or Juan, but I’m happy. All the knowledge started with this forum.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 9th 2021, 9:42pm

Fantastic additions to your eclectic collection.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 9th 2021, 10:46pm

svaglic wrote:
February 9th 2021, 9:35pm
TemerityB wrote:
February 9th 2021, 8:04pm
Watching your emergence as a learned collector has been one of the best things about this forum. Wow, this one ranks as one of your most amazing hauls, well, ever.

Loving the Fortis and the Tissot particularly.

Great job, as always. What a blast.

My first post where I list my watches is so sad. Where I am today is just great, I’m not Dr. Smells or Juan, but I’m happy. All the knowledge started with this forum.

Allison,

I love your collection. Been a long time since you joined back in 2010. Glad you found your way to the cesspool :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=154&t=7248&p=50663#p50663

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 10th 2021, 9:33am

svaglic wrote:
February 9th 2021, 2:14pm
I’m not sure about the seconds hand on the Tissot. I’ve seen them in blue, red, orange and mostly yellow. It’s the right looking hand, just not sure on the color. I may have to get a different hand.
Can't find a specimen of the T12 Navigator - or, for that matter, the T12 diver - with an orange seconds hand of this shape. The shape is definitely correct. It looks like in this generation of the T12, the red variation was used for the chronograph, the T12 dive watch had it in blue, while the Navigators had it blue or yellow. There was also the T12 Sonorous dive alarm, but I haven't seen these with a seconds hand in any other colour than a particularly eye-fucking shade of green. Orange was the colour for the seconds hand in the older version of the T12 line-up, with a cushion case (later replaced by this, a round lugless design).
It may be that it's a less common version, a service part that's not entirely true to the original component (leave it to SSIH/SG brands to do that often!), or someone simply repainted the tarnished original hand.
Will keep an eye out for info on the matter.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Your New Watch”