New Display

smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

New Display

Post by smellody » February 5th 2021, 2:26pm

Some of you jive turkeys know I like modern, Swiss Made Hamilton pocket watches. After picking up a couple more last year it was time to find a proper way to display them.

I found this amazing solid oak case on the "Bay" around Christmas and it sold. Early this week the seller put another one up and I grabbed it. Super fast shipping from California. Solid, oak construction. I can't complain one thing about it. It looks like it could have come off a hardware store counter in 1911. I have a note in to the seller, but suspect he makes these by hand.

Here it is:

It has a nice locking, loading door in the back:

Hands down, this is the nicest watch accessory I've ever purchased. I'm very happy.

For those of you wondering... yes there are some open spaces. I plan to fill the bottom row with a solid yellow, red, and green gold piece from the turn of the last century. I have plenty of time though and will wait for the perfect pieces.

I wish my pal BarnBuilder was around to see this. I miss him.
Watch Noob
Banned

Re: New Display

Post by Watch Noob » February 5th 2021, 2:37pm

Very nice craftsmanship and great looking pocket watches :Thumbsup: I didn't realize you liked pocket watches that much.
Question: Do you ever dress up in a 3pc suit and put one of the bad boys in your pocket vest with chain attached to button while cruising in the vintage Rolls? Complete with top hat of course when you exit to dine at a exclusive joint?
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 5th 2021, 6:07pm

That's beautiful
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » February 5th 2021, 11:04pm

Thanks Art and BigL. Had a nice correspondence with the maker. He does make them by hand. HS made cases for 26 years.

Impressive. I'm glad to see something made by hand in 2021.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » February 5th 2021, 11:12pm

That's a lot of sweet looking hammys Christopher, congrats.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » February 6th 2021, 8:36am

Thatz nice! 5 slots... should we come with recommendations? One word is all we need. :-)
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 6th 2021, 8:43am

That's the nicest watch rack that I've ever seen!!..such a great find!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Your New Watch”