I Have Sinned, Oh Lords

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: I Have Sinned, Oh Lords

Post by Mark1 » January 27th 2021, 3:35pm

smellody wrote:
January 27th 2021, 2:23pm
That's nice. How is the lume? I think your one hour fast on GMT.
So the Orange one is a gmt hand. First thought there was an extension of the minute hand and the camera angle made it look slightly bent. Nevermind me, that's a good looking german. Congrats and I hope to see that one live sometime.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 27th 2021, 6:16pm

Pretty much perfect. The fat, juicy hands and dial printing in particular are stand-out features.

The bezel also looks excellent. Do you know how it's made? It looks like one PVD-coated piece, with the numerals somehow left as bare metal. Or is it ceramic?

Great pick-up.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 27th 2021, 6:35pm

jason_recliner wrote:
January 27th 2021, 6:16pm
Pretty much perfect. The fat, juicy hands and dial printing in particular are stand-out features.

The bezel also looks excellent. Do you know how it's made? It looks like one PVD-coated piece, with the numerals somehow left as bare metal. Or is it ceramic?

Great pick-up.
Thanks, Tobes. According to the Sinn website, the bezel is stainless steel covered with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis. Or something.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 27th 2021, 8:14pm

As awesome as I expected. Have yet to see a Sinn I wouldn't wear.

The regimented bezel should be scratch free for life.

And Watch Buys CS is incomperable.

You did good. Damn good.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 28th 2021, 12:14am

Danke bishop Sheen, my fine Lords and Lady.

I've been doing pretty good at work lately, with plenty of wealthy folks coming in to buy residential lighting and Sew fourth. I was kicking around the idea of buying a new Omega SMP or a Tooter Black Bay GMT gray market, but I really didn't want to spend four grand on a new wartche. I've always had a hardon for GMTs, and yesterday I went to Watchbuys and saw this, which, apparently, is a pretty new model from Sinn. So I bought it from an AD and here it is.

Initial impressions are these--The quality of manufacture is almost absurd. To take a small example, the crown works perfectly. It reminds me of the Orient Saturation Diver 300M, it works so well. Comparing this to the Breitling Superocean 42, there's no comparison. The SO's crown is almost impossible to screw all the way in, the crown guards and threading is so tight. With the Sinn, you press it in a bit, and start turning, and the threads immediately grip and badda-Bing!, the crown is seated and done.

I also like the minimalism of the dial. Not a drop of paint has been wasted--talk about the motherfucking Bauhaus over here. There's also a white dial variant due to be released, but it's not available yet; I'd wager that this version is more legible in low light. The lume, surprisingly, blows. I had a Stowa Seatime that was about this size that you could light a cigarette off of.

The bracelet is held together with hex nuts. Sizing it was surprisingly easy--Watchbuys (or Sinn) included a pair of hex keys. I had sized it in about ten minutes. My Superocean took half and hour, with much swearing.

The Sellita SW-330-1 is very similar to the ETA 2893 GMT movement, which means the crown controls the date and 24-hour hand. This allows for quick setting of the GMT hand and date, which the Rolex 3185 doesn't do. Purists would say that the Rolex caliber is better for travelling, while the SW-330-1 isn't. As I don't do a lot of travelling, the Sellita is fine for me. Also, Sinn has a nice window at the back, and the SW-330-1 movement is very nicely decorated with perlage and shit, along with blued screws and Sew fourth.

One day I might buy a Tooter Black Bay GMT or an Omega SMP, but I'd perfectly happy with this wartche. It's like buying an Audi without being a fucking shitheel.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » January 28th 2021, 5:48am

It would have been a sin not to buy it, old chap.
Congratulations! Und vielen Dank für die freundliche Unterstützung der Deutschen Wirtschaft.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Return to “Your New Watch”