Heimdallr Monster

Watch Noob
Banned

Heimdallr Monster

Post by Watch Noob » January 22nd 2021, 2:43pm

In continuation of my fuck Seiko pricing rant I present the Heimdallr Monster.

The pics don't do this watch any justice, the dial is much nicer than it appears in the pictures.

Basically same dimensions as the Seiko. The Heimdallr has AR coated Sapphire crystal. NH36 movement. The CNC work is much crisper (meaning the radii aren't rounded off as much as the Seiko). Hard to see on the blue bezel. The lume is everything you'd expect to see from a Monster.
And as much shit Seiko gets for bezel alignment, the dial on this watch is off by a smidge. Other than that, I love it.

All this for the price of $165. What are 4th Gen Seiko Monsters going for right now? I see one now on the bay for $415.
So basically, if you don't mind a fishbones logo (see start of thread) rather than the word Seiko, and higher quality, you won't mind a Heimdallr.
Watch Noob
Banned

Re: Heimdallr Monster

Post by Watch Noob » January 22nd 2021, 5:26pm

JAS1125 wrote:
January 22nd 2021, 5:24pm
Nice...and the same pin/collar system on the bracelet?

The movement may settle in after a few weeks
Slightly different collars. The collar's on this one seem twice as long as the Seiko if I remember correctly. Other than that they assemble the same.
edit: the bracelet does not have the arrow markings to show you which direction the pin should go in. I learned that one the hard way.
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » January 22nd 2021, 6:30pm

Looks sharp. Heimdallr makes a great watch.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MAX » January 23rd 2021, 6:34am

Not too bad except for the colored crown. What is up with that these days?

Ive had very good luck with NH-35 movements. May run in or needs adjustment
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Your New Watch”