Islander Wave ISL-62 or whatever

nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Islander Wave ISL-62 or whatever

Post by nimbleboy » January 18th 2021, 5:15pm

This is my second Islander. I bought my other one thinking I was ordering a 38mm Image. I wasn't paying attention (thanks a lot, whiskey), but it is a great watch, and even if it's a bit bigger than I like, it doesn't look ridiculous. More recently, I took some Xmas and Bday and stimulus money and got this one. It really feels solid. There are several things about it that are generally deemed desirable: double-domed sapphire, drilled lugs, solid links, etc. etc. I just love that it's something completely unlike my other watches. I like the case a lot (Samurai?). The lume is cool. Just about the time I got the email that it was on its way, I read a comment from Marc on Instagram that led me to believe a 38mm version is in the works. Damn it! Well, I like this one a lot. But it's big. It looks and feels big. It's quite heavy. If a smaller version comes out, I might be very tempted to sell this one. I figure I can a) live with it, b) sell it and get a smaller one, or c) continue my covid/comfort-food diet until my wrists get bigger.

Is it safe?
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Islander Wave ISL-62 or whatever

Post by biglove » January 19th 2021, 5:26pm

Looks great. Really liking the bracelet and hands on this one. The Great Wave of Kanagawa dials are way cool.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “Your New Watch”