Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post Reply
Watch Noob
Banned
Posts: 8312
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm

Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by Watch Noob » January 13th 2021, 2:40pm

So yea, I'm probably the last guy on earth to get one of these. I never paid much attention to Citizen, but they finally came back down in price so I snatched one up and received it today.

Image

Image

Initial impressions:
*Perfect Size
*Seconds hands hit each marker
*Bezel perfectly aligned with the slightest bit of backplay
*Nice blue lume on markers, hands, and contrasting green pip
*Strap - well it's been stated 100 times before, could be much better
*signed crown
*EcoDrive - I hear the battery should last 1`0 yrs. Any form of light be it real or artificial charges the battery.
*Packaging is really cool if you're a kid, otherwise I say keep it in a simple box and put the scuba tank $$ towards a better strap.
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15126
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by biglove » January 13th 2021, 7:03pm

Have owned the black and the blue. There is an aftermarket eBay seller that makes great bracelets for these for under $30.

Simply one of the best watches out there for the money.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43312
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by koimaster » January 13th 2021, 8:47pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 13th 2021, 2:40pm
So yea, I'm probably the last guy on earth to get one of these. I never paid much attention to Citizen, but they finally came back down in price so I snatched one up and received it today.

Image

Image

Initial impressions:
*Perfect Size
*Seconds hands hit each marker
*Bezel perfectly aligned with the slightest bit of backplay
*Nice blue lume on markers, hands, and contrasting green pip
*Strap - well it's been stated 100 times before, could be much better
*signed crown
*EcoDrive - I hear the battery should last 1`0 yrs. Any form of light be it real or artificial charges the battery.
*Packaging is really cool if you're a kid, otherwise I say keep it in a simple box and put the scuba tank $$ towards a better strap.
Great choice. Solid watch, a bargain for what you get.


bedlam wrote:
January 13th 2021, 7:15pm
I have the black dial of this and rate it. Nice pickup

Image


I miss the dive photos. Did they drain the ocean to put out the fires?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 9218
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by bedlam » January 13th 2021, 9:15pm

koimaster wrote:
January 13th 2021, 8:47pm
I miss the dive photos. Did they drain the ocean to put out the fires?
No, just been doing more technical diving recently and the higher gear level means a camera gets in the way.

Planning some wreck dives soon. Will definitely have the camera along for those :Thumbsup:
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43312
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by koimaster » January 13th 2021, 11:04pm

bedlam wrote:
January 13th 2021, 9:15pm
koimaster wrote:
January 13th 2021, 8:47pm
I miss the dive photos. Did they drain the ocean to put out the fires?
No, just been doing more technical diving recently and the higher gear level means a camera gets in the way.

Planning some wreck dives soon. Will definitely have the camera along for those :Thumbsup:
Saturation diving or going mixed gases, re-breathers?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 9218
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Citizen ProMaster EcoDrive

Post by bedlam » January 14th 2021, 8:52am

koimaster wrote:
January 13th 2021, 11:04pm
bedlam wrote:
January 13th 2021, 9:15pm
koimaster wrote:
January 13th 2021, 8:47pm
I miss the dive photos. Did they drain the ocean to put out the fires?
No, just been doing more technical diving recently and the higher gear level means a camera gets in the way.

Planning some wreck dives soon. Will definitely have the camera along for those :Thumbsup:
Saturation diving or going mixed gases, re-breathers?
Open-circuit trimix. A couple dives over 100m now.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Post Reply

Return to “Your New Watch”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests