A Seiko Sagely Springs into the Herd..

Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

A Seiko Sagely Springs into the Herd..

Post by Thunder1 » January 12th 2021, 6:18am

Well, the newest addition to the herd is the Seiko Presage SNR037J1...first introduced to the public in the latter half of 2019, it and it's sister offering, the black dial Presage SNR039J1, each feature hand painted enamel dials and the 5R65 Spring Drive movement..here's a pic of mine..
Seiko Presage SNR037J1(1).JPG
Held at certain angles in good lighting situations, the enamel finish is eye catching, particularly around the sloping edges of the power reserve and day of the month windows..the black painted Didoni style numerals are a nice compliment to the spade & leaf hour/minute hands..here's a pic of it alongside my recently acquired SPB093J1, which features an Arita porcelain dial face..I must admit the Arita porcelain has a richer look to it..
Seiko Presages SNR037J1 & SPB093J1 Arita Porc(1).JPG
As mentioned earlier, the 40mm polished SS case houses a 5R65 Spring Drive movement, which is the same as the 9R65 movement found in Seiko's GS series and should deliver about +/- 1 sec per day accuracy..however, it isn't decorated to the extent that the 9r65 is..while not cheap, I picked this up from an authorized dealer for $3,500.00, which is $1,000.00 under retail..I know that this is the 'entry level' GS price range, but this offering really meets my taste in dress, or formal office, wrist wear..

The Watch Gods give this baby 2 spears up!!..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A Seiko Sagely Springs into the Herd..

Post by biglove » January 12th 2021, 6:47pm

Saw it in the WURW and was hoping you would discuss it. Beautiful dial and a very good price to own a Spring Drive.

And yeah, the other enamel dial is even better looking. Appears to be warmer and to possess more depth. I would be proud to wear either.

Very nice addition.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member

Re: A Seiko Sagely Springs into the Herd..

Post by Watch Noob » January 12th 2021, 7:20pm

What a great pair of Seiko's. Very clean and classy, I love the numbering on the Spring Drive. Nice power reserve as well @!<$
All men are created by, you know the thing- Joe Biden
Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids - Joe Biden
We choose Truth over Facts - Joe Biden

Return to “Your New Watch”