Amazfit T-Rex Smartwatch

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Amazfit T-Rex Smartwatch

Post by Watch Noob » December 30th 2020, 11:46am

Hey guys, here's that T-Rex I was talking about late last year. I wore it for months straight each day until I finally started wearing my other watches again over the past month or 2. I do love this smartwatch. It has unlimited dial designs you can download from other watch forums that have people designing these things. Anyway, thought I'd throw this up here for the heck of it.

Drifter on Watchlords
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Re: Amazfit T-Rex Smartwatch

Post by Watch Noob » December 30th 2020, 5:05pm

Thanks John, that's just one of thousands of dial faces I can put on it. This watch tells you pretty much everything an average day Joe needs to know. No it doesn't give you altimeter readings like the G-Shock, but it does give you the temp outside via app that's hooked to weather. It monitors your steps, and has a bunch of cardio related activity trackers and GPS, Alarm, text message and phone call notification. I wore it all summer an d even bought white straps since I was working from home and able to be outside everyday to get a golden bronze Greek God tan.
Drifter on Watchlords
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » December 30th 2020, 8:14pm

That's pretty damned cool. Doesn't scream "gadget!"

Is it capable of transmitting receiving text messages from.your phone?
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » December 31st 2020, 5:49am

That cool and a hobby in itself.

Havent looked into them much but most I have seen only work with iPhoney and I am an Android guy. How about this one?
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » December 31st 2020, 6:22am

MAX wrote:
December 31st 2020, 5:49am
That cool and a hobby in itself.

Havent looked into them much but most I have seen only work with iPhoney and I am an Android guy. How about this one?
Works with both. Here's a link that has the stats on it: https://www.amazfit.com/en/t-rex.html
Drifter on Watchlords
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » December 31st 2020, 10:53am

codguy wrote:
December 31st 2020, 7:32am
Interesting watch. 47mm is abit large for me though.

Curious on how tough is the strap is and if replacements are available?
It's a bit large but not G-Shock large and it's fairly low profile so it fits under a shirt sleeve.

Replacement bands of various materials are available. I changed out to a White silicone strap for summer and they are extremely flexible and comfortable. You usually get the screwdrivers with the strap to change them out as it's some weird shape head. Very simple and a swap takes all of 2 minutes. It has 12 or 24H display, here's the face I have on it now.
Drifter on Watchlords
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 31st 2020, 8:52pm

Have one in my Amazon list. Will be a fun toy when have a little spare cash to throw at one.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 1st 2021, 10:14pm

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
January 1st 2021, 5:34am
https://www.amazfit.com/en/gtr2.html

I'm liking this one. The tech is way beyond anything I have now or possibly/probably need.
$75 more but for O2 sat monitoring and more; damn that's cool.

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » January 2nd 2021, 7:20am

biglove wrote:
January 1st 2021, 10:14pm
Datsun240Z71 wrote:

I'm liking this one. The tech is way beyond anything I have now or possibly/probably need.
I'd look into the whole O2 monitoring thing. The only O2 monitoring I've ever seen always involved some dude on a treadmill with a respirator mask and dozens of wires hooked to him being monitored by medical equipment :mrgreen:
Drifter on Watchlords
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 2nd 2021, 1:05pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 2nd 2021, 7:20am
biglove wrote:
January 1st 2021, 10:14pm
Datsun240Z71 wrote:

I'd look into the whole O2 monitoring thing. The only O2 monitoring I've ever seen always involved some dude on a treadmill with a respirator mask and dozens of wires hooked to him being monitored by medical equipment :mrgreen:
Sat monitoring has come a long way in the last 30 years. I recall when the units were enormous devices only used in ICU/PACU and cost $6K for each monitor.
Now the finger tip models are ubiquitous, are reasonably accurate and can be had for $25 off Amazon.

Return to “Your New Watch”