Captain Willards estranged brother-in-law

Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member

Captain Willards estranged brother-in-law

Post by Watch Noob » December 29th 2020, 8:47am

So after much consideration before the holidays and extensive review reading, I decided against the real deal at the re-donkulous price in the $4000+ range, and settled on an homage from SteelDive. NH35 movement, Blue AR coated Sapphire, ceramic bezel and how's the lume? C3 on the interior, BGW9 on the bezel. Basically, I could wear a new one of these daily for a month for what you'd pay for the Seiko. Not sure what Seiko is smoking these days with their pricing, but that's another topic.

Drifter on Watchlords
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Captain Willards estranged brother-in-law

Post by biglove » December 29th 2020, 9:14pm

The Steeldive brand is well respected amongst the ADWO crowd on FB. Haven't read a bad review of them yet.

Congrats. Looks great.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » December 30th 2020, 12:04pm

That's a nice catch, man- nothing not to like there.

ARC's were a topic in another thread somewhere- that it's blue would indicate that it is the good stuff, a baked on version, that is, vs. the cheapo PVD type spray ons that eventually wipe off. A very nice touch in a watch priced proper.

Too bad the images at the dumb cunts website won't display.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » December 30th 2020, 2:04pm

Thanks guys, I'll let you know if there's any issues I come across with this one. I'm on the fence for the most part about homage watches, but with Seiko pricing these days, I don't feel bad at all. I'm thinking they are driving many others like me to the homage market as well. That's why another company Hemidallr is doing the exact same thing as well as newcomer AIKO.
Drifter on Watchlords
Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » December 30th 2020, 3:41pm

conjurer wrote:
December 30th 2020, 3:09pm
Congrats! Looks great to me.

Col. Kurtz: Are you a fake?

Capt. Willard: I'm an homage.

Col. Kurtz: You're neither. You're a watch, sent by grocery clerks, to scratch the itch.
Damn John, did you grab that line off the top of your head? I had to go back and watch clips of that show to remember the part. Brando was eerily spectacular. Martin looked like a kid, damn I'm getting old too now :mrgreen:
I'm a sucker for a turtle case. I purchased a 6309 off Alain years ago. I had it all apart the other day to clean it up and I'm going to replace the crystal and bezel insert. Those fucking Seiko fat bar spring bars are a pain in the nutz. I literally had to cut one off, I think my spring bar tool is worn so ordered a new one. Note to Seiko: Drill all of your lugs FFS so we don't have to mess with the fucking spring bar tool.
Drifter on Watchlords

Return to “Your New Watch”