Circula

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Circula

Post by svaglic » December 18th 2020, 1:33pm

39mm and the color scheme is what got me interested. I could have paid more for an ETA and COSC, but I went with the STP1-11 automatic movement and took the cheap way out.
I like the shade of blue on the wave dial and the orange highlights on the markers.
It’s a little heavy, I can live with it, but it keeps me from also buying their gray dial version.
Circula is an old vintage brand that has been resurrected and is in Germany. I think their resurrection is better then what other brands have done.

Bad lume shot, but it gives an idea on the lume.

The bracelet is huge, leaving it clasped, I was able to slip it over my hand and wrist with no problem. I’ll probably have to remove half the links to get it sized to me.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: Circula

Post by Nuvolari » December 18th 2020, 4:36pm

Love it! Makes me think of this...

“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 18th 2020, 6:14pm

All new to me, and wow, is that nice. It all works stylistically like gangbusters. Al, you're a collector among collectors. You always offer surprises, and always good ones.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 18th 2020, 7:19pm

I like it. A bit 1970s, but the wave pattern seems like a nice modern touch. And there’s the BOR bracelet, which is, like, damn cool, like. A fine acquisition, I say!
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 18th 2020, 8:37pm

I like that one a LOT!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 19th 2020, 10:18am

I'd never heard of this brand before- did a little reading.

They have a cool line-up of classic 3-handers, some with recovered NOS P. U .W .hand-cranker and auto German movements from the '70's which I'd heard of but didn't know much about. Nice watches from a brand that sticks to its original heritage.

The diver is a nice departure from an otherwise pretty sedate line-up of 3 handers. I like the pillow case and the BOR bracelet looks comfortable as hell. I think you picked the best dial, too. Maybe they'll throw in a chrono or moon phase in the future and jazz the line up a little now that they did a dive watch.

Something new everyday in this joint.

Nice catch.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » December 19th 2020, 5:19pm

I like that one. Gonna check out their stuff here shortly. Congrats.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 20th 2020, 2:47am

Going to have to give one of their divers a try. Am digging the gray/orange or the gray/lime
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “Your New Watch”