New Arrival - Seiko 5 SRPD73 Diver

SynMike
Founding Member
Facebook ID: 0

New Arrival - Seiko 5 SRPD73 Diver

Post by SynMike » November 3rd 2020, 2:32pm

This Amazon Prime Day special has arrived. It is a model I was considering when Amazon put it out at a great price (Canadian equivalent of ~$157 US).

I'm not sure if I will keep it. Amazon has a good return policy so it could go back. I'm considering several factors:
1. I already bought 3 other Seiko divers in the past 3 months and an unplanned Hamilton a few days ago. So maybe I've spent too much lately.
2. I was quite taken with the ivory colour of the indices in pictures online. But now that I have it I see that the bright silver of the bezel marking clashes a little bit with the dial indices.
3. The watch seems quite high while the diameter is a bit small for me.
4. Crown is not screw down. That's a minor point to me. I have plenty of watches with locking crowns for swimming.

This model is compatible with mod parts intended for SKX. Do I want to go there? I could put in a sapphire crystal, different bezel or dial. But do I really want to spend that money on this platform? Maybe if I'm interested in modding, I should just get an SKX?

Overall, it's a nice watch for the money but I'm on the fence as to whether I'm keeping it.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New Arrival - Seiko 5 SRPD73 Diver

Post by TemerityB » November 4th 2020, 10:06pm

Awesome watch - and that's the grooviest avatar in the history of anything.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Your New Watch”