A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Post by Thunder1 » September 21st 2020, 4:51pm

Finally, it shows up!!(# 193 of 200)..a recently released Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E....initial impressions are: 1)the bezel is pretty easy to rotate and the clasp isn't too terribly sticky, which are welcome departures from many Steinys in this price range, 2)the blue dial is a medium shade of blue under direct light and a much darker shade of blue in poor lighting situations, and 3)I think it looks fine w/ the optional jubilee bracelet, but I'm curious as to what it would look like on a tan canvas strap...here are a few pics..so far, so good..
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(1).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(2).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(3).JPG
Here's a description of same(and some fine advertising!!)..
https://www.gnomonwatches.com/collectio ... -ed-200pcs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 21st 2020, 5:31pm

I like it. Hell, I really do. Reckon that's as close as it gets these days to watches with the retailer's brand on the dial.

Not sure why'd you want to replace that bracelet with a canvas strap, I'd say it looks pretty damn cool as it is.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Post by Nuvolari » September 21st 2020, 8:08pm

Fantastic! That color is striking! I tend to do the same with bracelets eventually replacing them with a strap of some kind... primarily just because you can!

Nice pick - enjoy!
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “Your New Watch”