A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Post by Thunder1 » September 21st 2020, 4:51pm

Finally, it shows up!!(# 193 of 200)..a recently released Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E....initial impressions are: 1)the bezel is pretty easy to rotate and the clasp isn't too terribly sticky, which are welcome departures from many Steinys in this price range, 2)the blue dial is a medium shade of blue under direct light and a much darker shade of blue in poor lighting situations, and 3)I think it looks fine w/ the optional jubilee bracelet, but I'm curious as to what it would look like on a tan canvas strap...here are a few pics..so far, so good..
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(1).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(2).JPG
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Blue L.E.(193of200)(3).JPG
Here's a description of same(and some fine advertising!!)..
https://www.gnomonwatches.com/collectio ... -ed-200pcs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: A New Arrival(finally!!)..

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 21st 2020, 5:31pm

I like it. Hell, I really do. Reckon that's as close as it gets these days to watches with the retailer's brand on the dial.

Not sure why'd you want to replace that bracelet with a canvas strap, I'd say it looks pretty damn cool as it is.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 21st 2020, 8:08pm

Fantastic! That color is striking! I tend to do the same with bracelets eventually replacing them with a strap of some kind... primarily just because you can!

Nice pick - enjoy!
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 22nd 2020, 1:40pm

Damn, that’s sexy as hell. Didn’t realize it was a new one for you when saw it in WURW.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “Your New Watch”