New Bracelet

smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

New Bracelet

Post by smellody » August 29th 2020, 2:23pm

Tired of COVID and always being home, the wife and I broke out and went for a hike this AM. Short and sweet 2.2 miles. My heart felt it, that is probably good.

After all that exercise lumberjacking in the woods we went to Noble Wave and had Hot Birds.

After eating, we jaywalked across the street to the antique mall where I scored this sweet NOS expand, oyster style, Made in Germany bracelet.

Lug width you ask??? 16mm. That's right, this bad ass bracelet is going on one of my Speedkings.
gerdson
Master of Time

Re: New Bracelet

Post by gerdson » August 29th 2020, 2:48pm

Dang. We have been doing some sort of a diet all week, not even drinking coffee. And now this.

Is the bracelet precisely 16mm? As I have seen these with extendible lug ends, which can scratch the watch.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
smellody

Post by smellody » August 29th 2020, 2:52pm

gerdson wrote:
August 29th 2020, 2:48pm
Dang. We have been doing some sort of a diet all week, not even drinking coffee. And now this.

Is the bracelet precisely 16mm? As I have seen these with extendible lug ends, which can scratch the watch.
I bought one of those with expandable and will not use it because of that.

I haven't measured it precisely, or even opened it, but will hit it with the bench grinder to give clearance as needed.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 29th 2020, 6:01pm

Cool bracelet and way tasty looking sandwich.

We are in a restaurant for the first time since February, for the wife's birthday. Big ass ribeye, blue rare, with Cajun fries. Took home bread pudding for dessert. The DIABEETUS intensifies.

Road around for an hour looking at the hurricane damage. Our town had more damage than where my daughter lives, just 15 miles north of Vermillion Bay, LA. We, on the other hand, had Cat 1 eye wall hit us directly, 200 miles north. Craziness.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 6th 2020, 7:27pm

Ya know, days like that are ones you don't forget.

Good on ya, man.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
smellody

Post by smellody » September 6th 2020, 7:39pm

conjurer wrote:
September 6th 2020, 7:36pm
Did you buy it with a coupon??
No, but the shelf did say all straps and bracelets on the shelf $12. I am kind of pissed paying nearly twice the original $2.95 retail, but $5 is better than $12.

Return to “Your New Watch”