Seiko Save The Ocean

SynMike
Founding Member
Facebook ID: 0

Seiko Save The Ocean

Post by SynMike » July 17th 2020, 1:57pm

This generation of Save The Ocean models has been discontinued so I got a good deal.

I've been wearing the Turtle SRPC91K1 for much of the past 2 weeks and very happy with the accuracy about +4 seconds a day and it's very comfortable. I usually prefer a bracelet but as straps go, this is a very nice one. I've never been a fan of the shape of the Turtle case but I thought I'd try it out. I often find a watch grows on me or fades and I never know for sure what I will really like or dislike unless I try it for a while. I like it more than I thought I might, but I'm still not completely convinced. I'll give it a little while longer before deciding if I'll trade it away.

The Samurai SRPC93 arrived last night. It feels right at home on my wrist today. I often miss my old Samurai, an SNM011 (identical to SNM033) with the black waffle dial and simpler hands. This new Samurai is not a direct replacement, but this is a nice variation. I probably have too many black dial watches so this brighter blue is good. I appreciate the 4R35 better movement in this model over the 7S35 in the older one I had. Somehow this doesn't look as thick as I remember the SNM011, but that must be an illusion or bad memory, because it is the same. After half a day wearing it it feels like a keeper. But I still find myself thinking I might also try to pick up another SNM011/SNM033.

At some point I'll set up my photo tent and get some better pictures.

Here are a few pics of my previous Samurai SNM011:

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Save The Ocean

Post by TemerityB » July 17th 2020, 5:57pm

Pretty sharp, and great photos, too. Sometimes having something you covet being discontinued means good deals. Nice job.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Your New Watch”