Just off the Fedex truck.....

Giclee1dotcom]
Facebook ID: 0

Just off the Fedex truck.....

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 19th 2020, 12:30pm

Seiko SRPE55 - I've wanted one of these ever since I first saw pictures on line. At 40mm diameter, 20mm lug width and 44mm lug to lug with a 12mm height it hits the sweet spot on my 7" wrist. I have to say, it's one of the nicest watches I've ever owned at any price point. I've seen a lot of complaints about the quality of the bracelet and I'll agree it's nothing to write home about in terms of construction but it does look very nice on this watch and presents a nice cohesive package. Stamped clasp and non solid end links but it's comfortable and I got a perfect snug fit (I like it snug) after removing 4 links. Links are held together with pins, but no collars, one end of the pin is larger in diameter and has a split going down the middle which compresses when you drive it back in for a friction fit. 4r36 movement with a display back, this will be my third 4r and the previous two I still have and are great timekeepers, time will tell how this one is but I'm optimistic. I have a time grapher and case back opener so if it needs regulation I'll do it. Hardlex crystal both sides, applied logo and markers with typical Seiko lume which is to say it's nuclear. Push pull crown with 100m WR. This is going to make a great every day wear!

Last edited by Giclee1dotcom] on June 19th 2020, 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
Giclee1dotcom]

Re: Just off the Fedex truck.....

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 19th 2020, 12:48pm

:Thumbsup:
3Flushes wrote:
June 19th 2020, 12:38pm
Great looking dial- like the thin case with the substantial crown @ 4 that keeps it sporty looking. Nice catch.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » June 19th 2020, 2:20pm

Many a Watch God are draining gourds filled to the brims with their finest ales to salute your fine ass pickup...
Last edited by Thunder1 on June 19th 2020, 4:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 19th 2020, 5:42pm

I guess I'm guilty of living under a rock as Seiko keeps its product line evolving. That's the first I'm seeing of that model, and it's sharp as a tack. Nice job.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Your New Watch”