Zeno arrives

koimaster
Founder

Zeno arrives

Post by koimaster » March 19th 2020, 4:38pm

Arrived from New York City so my daughter put on gloves and had a couple of Clorox pads when opening the box. She wiped the watch box itself with Clorox pads as well as the watch, front and back. Now I am not allowed to even try it on for 3 days.

This one might be a catch and release. Very nice looking watch but perhaps just an impulse buy. Has a true ETA 2824-2 movement. Longines is 40mm for comparison. Zeno is 43.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Zeno arrives

Post by TemerityB » March 19th 2020, 7:47pm

I think the new one is quite handsome. Zeno makes a nice watch.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 12th 2020, 2:36pm

Still have not put it on my wrist. Just purchased a UV-C light cleaner for cellphones and the like, ran two watches and new straps through it. Still not comfortable with risk of wearing them,

1946-2006

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » May 12th 2020, 3:28pm

koimaster wrote:
May 12th 2020, 2:36pm
Still have not put it on my wrist. Just purchased a UV-C light cleaner for cellphones and the like, ran two watches and new straps through it. Still not comfortable with risk of wearing them,
If you bought a Lumen UV Sterilizer, fear not. Anything in it for a cycle is sterilized. We use ours for our CPAP masks, phones, watches, jewelry.

I am confident in the efficacy of the product.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/3B-med ... -sanitizer
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 12th 2020, 3:37pm

biglove wrote:
May 12th 2020, 3:28pm
koimaster wrote:
May 12th 2020, 2:36pm
If you bought a Lumen UV Sterilizer, fear not. Anything in it for a cycle is sterilized. We use ours for our CPAP masks, phones, watches, jewelry.

I am confident in the efficacy of the product.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/3B-med ... -sanitizer

bought this since I clean my cPap the old fashioned way, soap and water. Never had to use one until I got out of the hospital. But my vocal cords and throat were damaged by a ventilator tube while I was in a coma for a week (8 1/2 days actually) and the damage to my lungs from the PE and plural effusion that went with it leaving some lung damage. Shit, I should have smoked, then I could have at least have had a reason for the lung damage.

1946-2006

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » May 12th 2020, 5:01pm

The virus can't survive more than a week on a surface unless frozen if I am understanding the studies. I've also read UV-C light has to hit all surfaces to be effective, unlike a mesh bracelet, rubber phone case or the inside of a CPAP hose.

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1786 ... offin.html

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... one-gas-or
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » May 12th 2020, 8:10pm

The UV sterilizer above has a reflective 360° surface inside. It won’t sterilize the corrugated CPAP tubing but they do make a “bullet” device that goes through the tubing. I cannot have one as uses a strong magnet as part of the design. Magnet+pacer/defib=unplanned events which I have no desire to be a part of.

We have a Ozone (O3) system we use for our entire CPAP systems, also. But, ozone is toxic to lung tissue so have to be careful to let system air out completely prior to using.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 13th 2020, 11:31am

bbattle wrote:
May 13th 2020, 11:21am
Can you rinse the watch in hydrogen peroxide?

That is my thought. I was looking at the bottle and it states 3% solution so removing the strap and soaking it for a minute or two should deal with the Covid-19, hopefully.

Q: Can hydrogen peroxide be used to sanitize/kill the coronavirus?

A: According to the Centers for Disease Control, common hydrogen peroxide 3% solution found in stores and pharmacies is effective in killing rhinovirus, which causes the common cold, in under eight minutes when sprayed on surfaces. Since coronaviruses are easier to kill than rhinovirus, hydrogen peroxide should work in less than six minutes on COVID-19.

To use as a disinfectant against the coronavirus, pour undiluted 3% hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and spray on surfaces to be cleaned. Allow to sit for at least one minute. Hydrogen peroxide is safe to use on metal surfaces, but be careful not to get it on your clothes (It can discolor them).

1946-2006

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » May 13th 2020, 8:51pm

That’s a great find... but, I’m with the rest of the guys. I can not NOT see that Longines!! But now that you mention it, that IS a good looking Zeno, too.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 18th 2020, 5:20pm

finally tried it on. Like the new strap, the buckle and tongue suck and do not even close properly. Had to change them out. Nice watch but not certain if I will keep it or not.

ImageImageImageImageImage

1946-2006

Return to “Your New Watch”