My new SeaGull 1963

bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

My new SeaGull 1963

Post by bbattle » March 12th 2020, 3:39pm

It came in the mail today; all the way from Shanghai. Shipping was very fast, via Fedex.

Watch arrived in a carboard box that was well wrapped. There were two cards; one entirely in Chinese and the other with enough English to let me know about the warranty. Also, the watch was made by the HONGKONG SKY TIMEPIECE CO. LTD

I ordered the watch from: https://seagull1963.org

I went with the 38mm wide one. Sapphire crystal, nylon NATO strap and black leather strap included.

It looks thick; calipers say 14mm but it's not heavy so it wears just fine. All of the gold arrow points are heading in the right direction; the stopwatch works.

I really like the colors of the hands and the dial. Mine has 21 jewels(21 zuan).

Good impression so far; I'll wear it to work tomorrow.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: My new SeaGull 1963

Post by conjurer » March 12th 2020, 3:47pm

That's really nice, Mr. Battle! It gives me a boner. Make sure you wipe it down with a Lysol cloth, though.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » March 12th 2020, 6:07pm

Mine, purchased on the Ali 11/11 sale had to go back to China. Since January it has been sent out from Beijing but seems lost in the COVID disaster, has never been delivered.

Fear I will be forced to buy another.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » March 15th 2020, 10:49am

Nice catch, especially for under 3 bills. I might have to pick up the 42.

Wahtdoya think of the leather strap they sent you? Proly better to order without it and get one elsewhere, but sometimes they can surprise ya with something really nice- full grain, even.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » March 15th 2020, 3:40pm

3Flushes wrote:
March 15th 2020, 10:49am
Nice catch, especially for under 3 bills. I might have to pick up the 42.

Wahtdoya think of the leather strap they sent you? Proly better to order without it and get one elsewhere, but sometimes they can surprise ya with something really nice- full grain, even.
I didn't even know it was part of the package; they just sent it. It doesn't look bad, says genuine leather on it. Smooth black leather with white stitching. The buckle is nicely buffed and polished, no rough edges. A tool to put the strap on was included; the strap has those spring release pins.

sorry for the blurry photos; I blame the corona virus. :-)

I'm wearing the leather strap now. Nothing fancy. Servicable but nothing to write home about. Since I got the 38mm watch but my wrist is 7.5", I'm using the next to last hole on the leather strap. They must use the same strap for the 38mm and the 42mm.

Return to “Your New Watch”